Pages

'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday 16 November 2017

2018 Anticipated Reads: Part 1

Hello everyone! With 2018 just around the corner, I thought I would start compiling my most anticipated reads that are coming in 2018. This next year promises a wealth of wonderful books and I can't wait to get my hands on them!



Iron Gold (Red Rising Saga, #4)
Iron Gold (Red Rising Saga #4) by Pierce Brown 

First up is the next book by Pierce Brown - Iron Gold. Howlers get ready to unite because I am absolutely buzzing to sink back into the world of Red Rising! Iron Gold takes place a decade following the end of Morning Star and peace hasn't come about quite so smoothly. Darrow, the hero from the previous trilogy is once again thrown into a final desperate mission to save the people that he loves.



35715280

Grey Sister (Book of the Ancestor #2) by Mark Lawrence

Red Sister is one of my most beloved books of 2017. I devoured it and I couldn't get enough of Nona Grey and her story. Every page held something and the writing was flawless. Grey Sister cannot come quick enough! This next book will see Nona choosing her path and I am just so excited to sink back into this world.





State of Sorrow
State of Sorrow by Melinda Salisbury

I nabbed an early sampler of this gem at YALC this year and it goes without saying that this is going to be a bloody brilliant book. The sampler had me wishing for more. The snippet I read was written beautifully and the blurb sounds wonderful. Mel Salisbury is a genius writer and I think we will be safe in her hands for another emotional whirlwind of a book!




This is my first of four posts where I'll be highlighting my 12 most anticipated reads of 2018. Let me know what books you can't wait for! There's always room on the TBR :). 

1 comment:

  1. OK, so maybe I'm not as well-read as I hoped I was becoming. :O) TBR'd all.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).