'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 2 July 2015

Harry Potter #101

This is a meme hosted by me and the lovely Mimz at Lunar Rainbows :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All I ask is to link back here or to Mimz's blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come in the Harry Potter section of my blog here.

If you could change one thing in book one, what would it be?
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone was so perfect... I don't really know what I'd change. Perhaps a bit more between Harry and Voldemort/ Quirrell. I'd love to know more about Quirrell generally though to be honest! Having just re-read the book as well, I still feel a bit stumped! 

5 comments:

  1. That's a tough one! I don't even know what to write about. But as for Quirrell, you can now learn more about him on Pottermore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eep! I'm glad I swung by your post first, for some reason I thought I was putting up the linky this week XD

    I agree with you 100000%, the books are all PERFECTION imo and I wouldn't change a damn thing about any of them! This was such a tough question but you picked a great answer. I feel like we might not have been able to learn more on Voldy at the time, since a lot about him was still a secret to be revealed by Queen JK at the perfect moment, but we totally could have learned more about Quirrell. It would have been really interesting too! Great pick lovely ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be interesting to get more information on Quirrell in the book but less information in A Very Potter Musical. Maybe the perfect amount is somewhere between those two things.lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone seems to have really struggled with this topic - none of us wants to think about changing the books when they're so amazing. Having said that though, everyone seems to have come up with such great answers. I'd definitely agree about wanting to know more about Quirrell though, great idea! He's not especially likeable, but he's definitely interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think if I reread the first book now, I'd have a lot more "why?" questions about Quirrell. I love how JKR kept his villainy a secret for so long, but at the same time, not much else was revealed about him as a character. Now I'm definitely a lot more curious about his backstory!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).