'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 5 March 2015

Harry Potter #98

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come in the Harry Potter section of my blog here.

Best Neville Moment
“Room of Requirement, of course! Surpassed itself, hasn't it? the Carrows were chasing me, and I knew I had just one chance for a hideout: I managed to get through the door and this is what I found! Well, it wasn't exactly like this when I arrived, it was a load smaller, there was only one hammock and just Gryffindor hangings. But it's expanded as more and more of the D.A. have arrived.”

This moment was amazing. Neville had kept Dumbledore's Army going all along at Hogwarts. We can see how much his character has developed and how truly Gryffindor at heart he is. It's so beautiful seeing how much support Harry had, and the fact that Neville was fronting it made it all the more perfect!


10 comments:

  1. Ahh, that moment was perfect

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved how Neville turned into such a rebel and a leader in keeping up the DA- and all under Snape's rule as headmaster! Definitely not an easy thing to pull off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me the best part of this moment is that with Harry out of Hogwarts, Neville stepped up as the rebellious leader of the DA! He knew someone had to take up the mantle and inspire people so he does what needed to be done ♥ He really came into his own :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best Neville moment for me was when he cut off Nagini's head. That was just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this moment too! He truly is a Gryffindor, even if he didn't know it when he was younger. I love that the Room of Requirements helped him out too. It's amazing to think that Hogwarts actively fought against the Carrow's and Shape's rule. :D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was one of the best Neville moments, for sure. Who would have thought sweet Neville would grow to be such a big part of things? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, definitely a great Neville moment! He has so many, I had a hard time picking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Neville definitely found his confidence as the series went on! I love that, it's not like he turned into Mr. Confident overnight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree. He proved his loyalty and that he's not going to give up even if he's not following Harry. Harry is so lucky he decided to keep the DA going while he wasn't at Hogwarts or that whole ending could've been way different.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how Neville showed his own type of bravery and strength :) He has one of the best character developments in the book.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).