'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Tuesday, 31 March 2015

BLOG TOUR: Delete by Kim Curran

Today I have a lovely guest post from Kim Curran, author of Shift, Control and Delete on publication day for the long awaited Delete!

Publication Day

Publication Day has arrived! For a while there, I wasn’t sure this day would come. For those who don’t know, Delete was originally due to come out in August 2014, but unfortunately my publisher Strange Chemistry went under a couple of months beforehand and Delete was left hanging. To say I was gutted is a bit of an understatement. I cried. A lot. Moped. A lot.
But the shock and disappointment didn’t last for long. A few weeks after the news about SC broke, I got an email from Calee Lee at Xist Publishing saying she would be interested in picking up Delete. And even better, she would also be interested in re-publishing the whole trilogy.
And so, seven months later here we are. Three new editions of the books available to buy. And people can finally find out what happens after the killer cliff hanger at the end of Control.
It’s been a rocky journey but it’s taught me a lot. It taught me to take nothing for granted but to remain ever hopeful. It taught me It taught me I’m more stubborn that I’d ever known. And, most of all, it taught me that it’s OK to take a few steps back so that you can take a great leap forward.
I want to thank all the people who’ve hung in there and waited for Delete; everyone who offered sympathy when they heard about my old publisher and congratulations when they heard about the new one; all the readers messaging me asking when they would get to read Delete; all the bloggers who rallied together and supported me; and all my friends who offered calm words of wisdom – you’re all amazing.

I hope you enjoy reading Delete as much as I enjoyed writing it. And I hope it was worth the wait!

Title: Delete
Author: Kim Curran
Series: Shift #3
Genre: YA Sci-Fi
Publisher: Xist Publishing
Publication Date: March 31st 2015


The country is at war. Beset by enemies within and without. And all because of the decisions changed by one boy, Scott Tyler. In this ravaged alternative reality, Scott hardly recognises himself. He's a war hero, a leader of a unit of Shifters and maybe the only one who can prevent the country's frail defences from crumbling.
But all Scott wants to do is find a way back to the world he knew, without losing the girl he loves. With every Shift he makes, Scott edges closer towards oblivion. With no one to trust – not even himself – how much is he willing to risk to get home?

Author Information
Dublin-born Kim Curran is the award-nominated author of books for young adults, including Shift, Control and Delete.

She studied Philosophy & Literature at university with the plan of being paid big bucks to think deep thoughts. While that never quite worked out, she did land a job as a junior copywriter with an ad agency a week after graduating. She’s worked in advertising ever since and is obsessed with the power of the media on young minds.

She is a mentor at the Ministry of Stories and for the WoMentoring Project. And lives in London with her husband and too many books.

Author Links

Website: http://www.kimcurran.co.uk
Twitter: http://twitter.com/Kimecurran
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5451511.Kim_Curran


Giveaway

Prizes are:
All three books in the Shift Trilogy

2 comments:

  1. Gah! I still need to read Shift but seeing that the last book in the trilogy is (finally) out makes me want to read it more! I've heard wonderful things about the series^^ It was so sad what happened to SC but at least this series and a lot of others were fortunate enough to be picked up by other publishers :D Thanks for sharing this Leah! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).