'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Tuesday, 17 February 2015

You May or May Not Have Noticed: An Explanation

Things have been a little quiet at Uncorked Thoughts lately. There is a reason for this. At the beginning of January, myself and my boyfriend upped sticks from the green Welsh valleys and moved to London to start my new job in publishing! EEK. It has all been so very exciting and everything that I dreamt it would be BUT... it has meant that blogging has fallen to the side. This isn't intentional, but I have an hour commute each way and it's 7pm by the time I get home. I'm still figuring out a routine where I can inject a bit of blogging into my life (it's part of what helped me get this amazing job!) but to still enjoy it at the same time. I don't want to force myself and lose the enjoyment.
This is just an FYI. Things are going to be a little quieter. I don't have as much time as I used to but I will still be blogging! I've missed you all and I hope you all stick with me :).

7 comments:

  1. I've missed you too Leah^^ ♥ I figured that all your big and excited life changes might have impacted your blogging time but I'm happy you posted an update all the same! I hope things are going AMAZING for you in London and hopefully you can figure out a system that works and allows time for FUN blogging too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering why you weren't popping up on my feed! :) But London is soo exciting (I miss living there) and your job must be utterly amazing! Blogging should always be fun rather than a chore, so definitely try and figure out a system that works for you, rather than for us ;)
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering about the quietness here, but I'm glad it is for an awesome reason! Getting a new job in something you love it's simply fantastic! Best of luck with the new job!
    And I hope you'll be able to juggle everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We miss you Leah but we totally understand!

    Congratulations on the job and I hope everything is going amazingly! I sympathise on the commute thing, it takes me between an hour and a half to two hours each way, so I totally know where you're coming from. Good luck with figuring out your balance, and don't worry, we'll all still be here in the meantime :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the job! Still need to get together so you can tell me all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! How exciting.

    PS new to your blog and I adore everything about it. I'm off to scour your entries and I think I just might start doing your Harry Potter meme too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).