'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 5 February 2015

Harry Potter #96 - Happy Harry Potter Book Night!

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come in the Harry Potter section of my blog here.
Worst Harry Potter Death
Before I get into this - Happy Harry Potter Book Night! Tonight I will be heading off to Waterstones Piccadilly with some friends to partake in some Potter related activities and I cannot wait. What are you all doing for HP Book Night? :)

Sirius Black
So harsh. So wrong. Just as Harry was finally building up a family that he could trust and that loved him, it was snatched away. I can never read this scene without tearing up. It destroys me every single time. I just think of everything Sirius' has been through due to Wormtail and all that Harry's already lost and I can't deal with it. So sad :(. 


9 comments:

  1. This was my pick, too- so gutting and cruel! I refused to believe what had happened for a while because my brain just couldn't process that he was gone. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Losing Sirius was difficult. You're right, he had already been through so much already and he and Harry both deserved that real loving connection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that Sirius's death is the one that made tear up the most... although Hedwig's and Dobby's were also so heartbreaking!! And of course... Dumbledore's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Easily the cruelest/saddest death in the entire series. After 12 years in Azkaban, losing his best friends, being blamed for their deaths, he finally has freedom, he gets to be reunited with Harry...THEY COULD HAVE BEEN A PROPER FAMILY *sobs* And then all that is ripped away, so suddenly.Waaannnh! Sirius is easily the most tragic character in life. D:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sirius's death was pretty bad, but Fred will always be the worst to me...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely agree, I loved Sirius, and the potential for Harry to have a happy family ripped away again? Noooooo! :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sirius' death hurts. They could have been a family. Harry could have moved in with him after graduation and they could have celebrated holidays and birthdays and anniversaries together. He could have been at Harry's wedding and everything could have gone right for once. But there was no chance for that. Sirius' death was just so tragic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, Sirius death was so painful. The idea of "family" was snatched away from Harry and I cried while reading. Although I think the moments where I really cried was when Dumbledore and Snape died. I just wept like crazy.

    "After all this time?
    Always."

    :/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hated this. I get some sacrifices had to be made but it was all Harry had left... so cruel.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).