'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 15 January 2015

Harry Potter #94

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come in the Harry Potter section of my blog here.

Scariest Moment in the Series 
I wouldn't say there was a 'scariest' moment for me in the series. Most creeped out was probably by the spiders and Aragog in Chamber of Secrets and a lot of it had me feeling unsettled and worried but not scared. I think I'd have to pick:

Harry vs. Inferi
*Shudders* this was an absolutely chilling scene. I think it's our first time finding out about these creatures, but not only that, it's a time where Harry is almost alone and Dumbledore is severely handicapped by the potion he drinks. This was such a powerful moment and, although Dumbledore was ill, I never predicted what came next.


8 comments:

  1. This was horrible, but I expected something bad. I was more scared of Dumbledore leaving Harry behind then I was of the dead. :X After Dumbledore burned them, I was alright. What came after was worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was definitely a scary moment, especially in the movie where you can see them crawl towards him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was one of my picks, too. I was so scared for both Harry and Dumbledore; it looked like there was no escape for them. I even get the chills playing through that scene in the Lego HP 2 game!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Inferi were ridiculously creepy, especially seeing as they hid under water and then just came out O.O But then the worst thing is that Dumbledore is incapacitated and poor Harry is so freaked he can't think straight enough to remember the tip Dumbledore gave him! I can sooo picture myself panicking like that and then being caught by those creepy buggers >.<

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was what I chose too, and the word 'chilling' I know I said as well. It very much is. I was on pins and needles reading this scene, and I had no idea how it was going to go either!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah this one was creepy! The place itself was really bad, this was a top contender for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was scared with two... the spider parts... I don't like spiders or snakes so that one had many scary parts but for movies I think its the second one I've seen the most of.... odd. But good choice! Didn't think of that one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the inferi gives me the heebie jeebies. But I've always wondered how Voldemort got all the Inferis into that lake...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).