'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 8 January 2015

Harry Potter #93

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come in the Harry Potter section of my blog here.
Biggest Betrayal in the Series
This is such a hard one. It's impossible to pick just one in a series filled to the brim with betrayal. I think I'd have to go with this one though:

How could it be anything else, really? This is the ultimate betrayal in the series. Harry would probably still have his parents. Sirius wouldn't have gone to Azkaban. Urgh! Peter Pettigrew is such a disgusting character. I hate him and I am so glad he got what was coming to him! 

7 comments:

  1. Wormtail's betrayal had so many consequences, and when he got away in PoA, I wanted to scream! I loathed him so much and couldn't feel any sympathy for him when he finally got his comeuppance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely agree!!! His is the biggest by far to me. I do think it was fitting that Rowling had his animagus be a rat though since it's exactly what he is. My HPMotW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked the same! To me Pettigrew's betrayal is the worst one of all! Because of his cowardice and lack of any kind of morality, the Potters died, Harry suffered, Sirius was framed and every single thing that followed was a direct result of this. I hate him too and I'm glad he met the end that he did - he deserved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your pick but I think for me the biggest betrayal is in The Order of the Phoenix, when Kreacher starts working with Bellatrix in secret and lies to Harry about where Sirius is.... house elf betraying his master and causing his death...bad bad bad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, this is my pick too! It is the thing that immediately pops into my mind when I think about this topic, because it so profoundly affects the series as a whole as well as Harry personally. Here's my HP MOTW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pettigrew is truly a rat. It's bad enough that he betrayed James and Lily but he also made Sirius take the blame for it. I'm fuming omg. My HPMOTW

    ReplyDelete
  7. So true! Hate him! Love this meme :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).