'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Tuesday, 16 December 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #58

Top Ten Books I Read In 2014
It's incredibly tough to narrow my top ten books of 2014. I've read so many absolutely phenomenal books this year and have yet to finish reading! I kind of feel like this should come in the last week of December where we've all more than likely finished our last book of the year. Here's my top ten so far:

Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)The One (The Selection, #3)The Cure for DreamingWaiting for DoggoThe Walled CityThe Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
Eleanor & ParkA Storm of Swords: Blood and Gold (A Song of Ice and Fire #3, Part 2)The Assassin's Blade: The Throne of Glass Novellas (Throne of Glass, #0.1-#0.5)Thirteen Reasons Why

My Reviews

Honourable Mentions:
Red Rising (Red Rising Trilogy, #1)BelzharHalf-Blood (Covenant, #1)The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1)The Distance Between UsOnly Ever YoursThe MiniaturistThe Best Thing I Never HadStolen Songbird (The Malediction Trilogy, #1)Amy & MatthewThe Murder Complex (The Murder Complex, #1)Far From You

I'm also hosting a Debut Author Reading Challenge in 2015! 
Come check it out :)

13 comments:

  1. Snow Like Ashes will be in my debuts list for sure! But choosing just ten is always so hard!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I'd really like to read The Jewel and Red Rising. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I am dying to read Snow Like Ashes! It's on a Xmas list I gave someone and I really hope they get that among the titles I picked!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eleanor and Park! Another Rainbow Rowell book made my list this week but I liked it nonetheless. and yay for The Miniaturist; I really want to read that book. Great list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only read one of the books on your top ten list, and that was Thirteen Reasons Why quite a few years ago now. But since I won The Walled City from your giveaway, I'm really excited to read it soon! (: (I'm currently not in England so I haven't got the book yet.) I really want to read Snow Like Ashes as well.

    And from your Honourable Mentions, I absolutely loved Only Ever Yours and Far From You!! So amazing. I've bought The Winner's Curse, The Distance Between Us, and Stolen Songbird but I haven't got round to reading them yet. I really hope I enjoy them as much as you did! (:

    Cynthia @ Afterwritten

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved THE ONE. Great list. I love that you did honorable mentions, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Thirteen Reasons Why. Great picks!

    here's my TTT

    Also, I still have my $30 Amazon giveaway going.

    ReplyDelete
  8. *averts eyes* No no no, you can't make me buy more books. You're a terrible influence.

    *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved The Assassin's Blade and there's soo many other books on your list I definitely hope to read next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You picked a lot of great books. I have Snow Like Ashes on tap for 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG THE ASSASSIN'S BLADE!!! YESSS And Half Blood was a fav of mine last year (I think?)

    I haven't read ANY others of these *sobs* D: BUT. Thanks to YOU,I have The Winner's Curse handy ;-D I also was lucky enough to snag Stolen Songbird! Snow Like Ashes, The Jewel and Walled City were BEA books...that I still haven't gotten around to. Sigh. Oh and Red Rising, Eleanor and Park are both on the wishlist/tbr shelf! Awesome list hun ^^ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Walled City and Far From You are two of my faves! And obviously, Eleanor and Park. The Jewel is sitting on my shelf though, so maybe I should read that soon...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel like the only person who didn't love Doggo! I really must read the Throne of Glass novellas this year. Maybe getting them in book form will help. Happy new year Leah!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).