'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 4 December 2014

Harry Potter #89

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come in the Harry Potter section of my blog here.

Favourite magical pet?  


NORBERRRRT! God I wish we had been able to see more of Norbert. I definitely think he was the most perfect pet for Hagrid. Can you imagine how badass he would have been against Voldemort? I mean seriously! I have a thing for dragons anyway but there was something about Norbert that captured my heart. I could definitely empathise with Hagrid when he was going all gooey eyed over his hatching *tear*. Baby animals are adorable!

Not only was Norbert amazing, I also loved the situation that Hagrid put our favourite trio in. The messes he gets himself into cracks me up every time and there was something so priceless about Harry, Ron and Hermione having to smuggle a baby dragon up to the top tower of Hogwarts. I loved it! Thank god they had Charlie to turn to! 

7 comments:

  1. I know what you mean! I adore baby Norbert. I took a more general approach and listed the magical pets that I would consider having if I could.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You meen NORBERTA. Bitch was fierce! *Beyonce head snap*
    I love dragons and Hagrid having one at school would be awesome! No chicken thief, no bullying from Slytherins... And yes, in war, he'd be making some nice DE roasts :D :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Norbert! It would have been awesome if Hagrid had been able to keep him. I think Norbert totally would have featured in a few Care of Magical Creatures lessons or two! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hagrid and Norbert(a) were adorable together. I think he would be the perfect guy to handle such a beast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Norbert was absolutely adorable! Also, like you said, such a perfect pet for Hagrid. I never really thought how much help he would've been against Voldemort, but you make a great point. I love dragons too quite a lot, but I went with a different pick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Norbert and honestly, but he wasn't able to burn down a home he probably would have been my pick too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww, Norbert/Norberta was soooo wonderful! I adore dragons to pieces and I agree with you that Hagrid + Norbert(a) would have been a pair to keep together, especially against Voldy and his crew. I really wish we could have seen more of her too ♥ Lovely pick ^^

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).