'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Wednesday, 10 December 2014

BLOG TOUR: Jenny Oliver's Christmas Top Ten

Today Jenny Oliver stops by the blog to share her top ten signs that shows it's Christmas.

I Know It’s Christmas Because… 

1) I’ve been to a Winter Wonderland section of a garden centre and nearly bought a hat that sings Christmas tunes or a tree wearing shades that dances.

2) I’ve helped my mum bake a million mince pies that I will still be defrosting in February.

3) I’ve bought everyone’s presents except my husband’s and dad’s because they want such specific, boring gifts that I can barely bring myself to hand over the cash.

4) I have put some chestnuts in the oven and forgotten about them.

5) I’m desperately trying not to get a cold - cue lots of herbal immune system boosters and satsumas.

6) There’s a carol concert in my diary. This year I’m going to The Royal Albert Hall and the winner of Holland’s Got Talent is singing! I’m not quite sure if this is a good thing or bad - but I’ll let you know.

7) I tell myself I will decorate my flat like they do in magazines but then just settle for a squat, little tree that I’ve felt sorry for in the shop.

8) I’ve munched a whole pack of those nice soft biscuits with the white icing and gingerbread flavour.

9) The air smells of oranges, pinecones, wood smoke and bonfires.

10) I’m excited all the time!

Title: The Little Christmas Kitchen
Author: Jenny Oliver
Series: None
Publisher: Carina 
Publication Date: 20th October, 2014


Christmas at the Davenports’ house was always about one thing: food.
But when sisters Ella and Maddy were split up, Ella to live in London with their Dad, and Maddy staying in Greece with their Mum, mince pies lost their magic.
Now, a cheating husband has thrown Ella a curved snowball…and for the first time in years, all she wants is her mum. So she heads back to Greece, where her family’s taverna holds all the promise of home. Meanwhile, waitress Maddy’s dreams of a white Christmas lead her back to London… and her Dad.
But a big fat festive life-swap isn’t as easy as it sounds! And as the sisters trade one kitchen for another, it suddenly seems that among the cinnamon, cranberries and icing sugar, their recipes for a perfect Christmas might be missing a crucial ingredient: each other.
Jenny’s latest novel THE LITTLE CHRISTMAS KITCHEN is out now.

Hungry for more? Try THE VINTAGE SUMMER WEDDING and THE PARISIAN CHRISTMAS BAKE-OFF, which also available in paperback.


1 comment:

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).