'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Friday, 21 November 2014

REVIEW: The One - Kiera Cass

The One (The Selection, #3)
Title: The One
Author: Kiera Cass
Series: The Selection #3
Publisher: Harper Collins
Source: Bought
Publication Date: 5th June, 2014


The Selection changed America Singer's life in ways she never could have imagined. Since she entered the competition to become the next princess of IllĂ©a, America has struggled with her feelings for her first love, Aspen—and her growing attraction to Prince Maxon. Now she's made her choice . . and she's prepared to fight for the future she wants.

Find out who America will choose in The One, the enchanting, beautifully romantic third book in the Selection series!
The One is perfection in book form. It made me so overwhelmingly happy and then so sad, then angry, shocked, confused. It is a whirlwind of a book for your emotions and I found myself backing America and Maxon all the way. Some of the things that happen in this book blew me away. I was starting to feel comfortable in this world but BAM, that all changed instantly. Violence is on the increase, losses are high and amongst all of that, romance is attempting to thrive between The Selection. Not only this, but the politics of this world are becoming more and more apparent and play such a huge part of this book. I loved it.

This is easily the best book in the series. I wasn't sure if any of them was going to trump The Selection but The One smashed it right out of the park. This was such an exciting and captivating read. I honestly could not put it down. All of the events which unfold all worked towards the bigger picture and there are some things that I most certainly didn't see coming. This wasn't the predictable book series that I thought it was going to be. The world of America, Maxon and Aspen completely absorbed me and it's so intense that it feels pretty much impossible to leave the world without feeling a little exhausted.

At the beginning of The One I felt that the romance was getting a little exhausting; that enough was enough. The deeper into the book I went, the more shocking things became however. I think the reason people find it so difficult is that each book takes place over such a short space of time it gives the impression that the love triangle is going on for the longest time. That and I felt a lot of empathy towards all three characters. Something which doesn't happen a lot when it comes to love triangles in most books.

The One is the perfect end to America's story. If you haven't started this series, I strongly urge you to. I promise you won't look back!

1 comment:

  1. I unfortunately really disliked this one. Mostly because I was just annoyed the romance didn't go the way I wanted it to haha. I knew it wouldnt, but a girl can hope, For a while it made me not want to read the next book The Heir because I was a bit sick of America and Maxon but then I found out it's about their daughter and now I'm back on the band wagon haha. I'm glad you loved this one so much. It's always great to (kind of) end a series on a high :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).