'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 27 November 2014

Harry Potter #88

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come in the Harry Potter section of my blog here.

What's your opinion on the Harry Potter film cast? Did any not fit with what you imagined?

I honestly couldn't have been happier with the cast of Harry Potter. I think they were pretty much all spot on. I mean, I think we're all together on that out of character moment from Michael Gambon:
Ahem.
But other than that, I think he did a pretty good job! Snape was perfect, our trio was perfect Umbridge, the Weasleys, Hagrid. I felt like perhaps the Dursley's could have been a little harsher, as could Pansy. Cho and Fleur weren't as overpowering as they are in the books personality wise but other than that, really cannot complain! 

What about you guys? I'm hoping for a few rants this week! :)

6 comments:

  1. I have a small rant about two characters in particular:)) Here it is: http://www.faridamestek.blogspot.com/2014/11/harry-potter-moment-of-week-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I've mentioned that moment as well. I think everyone watching it just went 'WTF'? But I love the rest of the cast so for me this question was a non-brainer :)
    Thanks for hosting!
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went with this moment, too. It just seemed very un-Dumbledore like in the film. Poor Harry, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah this moment bothered me as well, scared the living crap out of me. So unlike Dumbledore! But as I said, problem of directing... they acted with what they were given.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, oh yes. THAT moment. I try not to think about it. So out of character! Excellent topic this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gah. THAT moment ^^ is the worst *cringe* but honestly I still have tons of issues with Michael Gambon as Dumbledore. The rest of the cast however are ALL wonderful, I love them to pieces ♥

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).