'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 6 November 2014

Harry Potter #85

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come in the Harry Potter section of my blog here.

Best 'Luna Moment'
There are actually so many of these. It's so hard to pick just one moment for Luna. She's such an inspirational character on so many levels. Luna truly teaches us how to be ourselves and forget what everyone else things. She's there for Harry when no one else is and is a massive champion for the underdogs. I love her so much so it's taking me so long to try and pick just one moment, so I've decided to go for my top 2 'Best Luna Moments'.


1. Our first introduction to Luna in Order of the Phoenix and her being a source of comfort to Harry regarding the Thestrals. This section always makes me smile. Harry is convinced he's seeing things an having Luna, this girl with a reputation of being anything but ordinary, confirming that she can also see them isn't the biggest source of comfort. I love how their friendship grows from this though. I love that Luna is so comfortable in herself and what she sees. She embraces everything and is fiercely loyal to her friends and family. Luna's definitely a character to be admired.


2. I love how she's so optimistic in every circumstance. Luna isn't a character that ever gives you a chance to be sympathetic towards her. I feel like she would brush you off if you ever said you felt sorry for the way she was treated by others. I think she kind of embraces her uniqueness and doesn't let anyone or anything put a downer on that. She is so comfortable in herself and I feel like this moment with Harry really shows that. Luna's the perfect character to discover at that age of your life. I think we should all strive for that level of comfort in ourselves. J. K. Rowling says it perfectly:



What's your favourite Luna moment?

8 comments:

  1. I love both of your picks and chose #2 myself! :D That moment with Harry- Luna comes up with just the right words to say. It's such a poignant scene, and Luna is just perfect in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Luna so much! She is such an original character and she really doesn't give a damn and she has so many amazing lines! I picked the Gryffindor hat! Thanks for hosting :) Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. You said it perfectly here ^^ you really did. Luna is such an inspiration, SUCH a strong character! I think it's so, so important that JKR created her and that millions of young girls met her early enough in their lives to BE inspired by her. She really doesn't care what anyone else thinks of her and she is so bravely herself...I just want to hug her and never let go ♥ I love both moments you chose and like you this week, I had a really hard time narrowing it down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks. I always think about Luna as one of those crazy characters which are so much fun to read that sometimes I forget how inspiring she is.
    I liked how you mentioned that she's the type of character that would not accept sympathy, I never noticed it before, but it's so true. She is so content with how things in life are and very independent when it comes to dealing with obstacles that someone feeling sorry for her would be strange to Luna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As much as I admire Luna's calm and not giving a crap, I don't get it. I'd blow up if anyone treated me like this and at least stop them stealing my shit. I don't care what people say, but you don't still my stuff... -.-
    I do like how she was so adamantly on Harry's side when he had nobody, I loved her then so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The second moment you see there is the one I chose as well. That one particular scene is just so strong in showing Luna for who she really is. That she has such a strong sense of self, and so much understated intelligence... it's a marvel every time. Awesome picks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! J.K is totally right, I love that she's just exactly who she wants to be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah! I just love her. The fact that she's absolutely great with who she is and her quirks is what draws me to her as well. Excellent picks! Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).