'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 30 October 2014

Harry Potter #84

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come in the Harry Potter section of my blog here.

Could you ever double as a spy like Snape? 

I like to think I could, but I honestly don't know if my nerves could handle it! Voldemort is seriously scary. I think if it was my partner, I would. I'd do anything for him. I just don't know if my poker face is good enough for it! I can be a bit of an open book haha. I think my anxiety would hit the roof too!



7 comments:

  1. I think we can never really know unless we're in the same position. And Voldy is truly soooo scary I doubt I could pull it off. Our definition of spy is much more mellow! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sometimes wonder what it would be like and I don't think my nerves would handle it. I would be a total wreck and I'm afraid that my Occlumency skills would be as bad as Harry's:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very, very bad at keeping my emotions from showing on my face, so I'd be a terrible spy, lol. Plus I'd definitely crack under all of that pressure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would 100% crack under the pressure! I mean there is literally NO room for even the tiniest mistake. Voldy would have caught on. Aaaand I'd be dead. LOL There's no way I could have blocked the dark lord out ALL the time, it just wouldn't happen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am horrible at hiding my emotions and I just know that I would die within two days of being a spy because they would figure me out. And if I somehow was able to fool them I would die of a heart attack or something, caused by to much stress! I don't think i would be able to handle the stress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. While I think I would be pretty good at Occlumency (I'm pretty good at keeping my thoughts to myself when I want) I don't think I could handle the pressure that Snape was under constantly. Especially since he had no support system to lean on. Talk about being truly alone. Here's my HP MOTW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm an open book too, for sure. All of my thoughts are laid out on my face whether I want them to be there or not. I agree, I just couldn't do it.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).