'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 9 October 2014

Harry Potter #81

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come in the Harry Potter section of my blog here.
Quibbler or Daily Prophet


 
This is another tough one because I'd love to read both. Both publish equal amounts of fiction, generally haha. I think though, I'd have to go with The Daily Prophet purely because it's the more 'newspaper-like' one. I know that sounds like a rubbish reason, especially after the stuff it prints, but it's where J. K. Rowling makes her political statements the most. She shows the influence of the government over the national newspapers and teaches us to never believe what is printed. There's just something special about it to me. Plus, I would LOVE to see the moving photographs.

7 comments:

  1. Well, there is a reason I call myself The Daily Prophecy, haha, but I still think I would go with The Quibbler. Newspapers are always so depressing and I think they often manipulate the truth to make it sound more dramatic.. so I think I'd rather go with nonsense and quirky articles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went with Daily Prophet too. I think Quibbler would occasionally work for me as the alternative news source but I'm not sure that I could stand all the craziness. However, I would love to read Luna's take on things :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the moving photos as well! I ended up going with The Quibbler, though, because- spectrespecs! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am I the only who thought moving photos was the rule for all photos in the HP world?! I'm confused now...Anyways I went with The Quibbler because I think the nonsense articles would be a good laugh! Plus they gave Harry a chance to tell his side of the story, and you know me and my TEAM HARRY power hahaha xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went with the Quibbler, cause, let's face it, when push comes to shove, they were the only ones who supported Harry when he needed help. Here's my HP MOTW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. DP is more genuine and all, and I'd have it for that, but The Quibbler would be too tempting to pass! :) I think I'd just end up having both :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went with The Quibbler, but I understand your argument here. You're completely right that everyone needs to learn that you can not trust something just because it's in print. Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).