'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Monday, 27 October 2014

Halloween Book Recs #1: Penny Dreadful

These Halloween posts are going to be quick recommendations of books to curl up with at this spooky time of year! 
Penny Dreadful exploded onto our screens earlier this year and received so many raving reviews. With a character list straight from some of the most brilliant classics, I thought I'd make the first Halloween post based on them and to give you guys a chance to meet the characters that you grew to love first hand.


Hope you enjoy!
x

2 comments:

  1. I still need to get in on Penny Dreadful but it's on the old watchist ;) I'm bookmarking your post here to come back and check out your book suggestions for when I'm all caught up! I *have* read Frankenstein though but it was back in Uni...and required reading never quite feels the same. Re-reading of my own free will after all this time might be fun! Thanks for the recs hun x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've watched the first episode and it was so weird, haha. I'm very interested to see more though, because I like different things. I read Frankenstein and I liked it, Dorian Gray is still on my reading list.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).