'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 11 September 2014

Harry Potter #78

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come in the Harry Potter section of my blog here.

 Least Favourite Book
Erm... I don't like this weeks one LOL. I feel like I should read them all again to make a proper judgement of the one I enjoyed the least. It's like having to rank your children in order or something. I think I maaay have to go for:

Chamber of Secrets

I don't really know how to go about saying why this is my least favourite when I love them all. I think this may have been the least action packed one perhaps, in comparison to the others. I think as well, because I got into Potter through Prisoner of Azkaban I never quite built up the connection with this one. Who knows! It's just the one I least enjoyed :). 


10 comments:

  1. I think I liked The Order of the Phoenix least. That one was suuuper angsty and depressing and it just didn't work that well for me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked CoS a lot because it was so sinister already despite them being 12. Everyone thought Harry was at fault, even Harry himself, which was really scary ;D Especially when you read it when you are 12 yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always found CoS hilarious and I loved the revelation about the founders and Harry's ability to speak Parseltongue among other things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We picked the same one!! And as much as I adore ALL the books in the series, CoS has always been my least favorite of the bunch. Even in the films! You're right that it is less action packed, maybe that's part of the reason for me too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I chose this one as well. It's just my least favorite. Sometimes Zane and I will choose one of the movies randomly and put it in, and Chamber is never chosen. Great pick :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's my pick too! Haha, yeah, there really wasn't a whole lot of action in this one. Plus, Lockhart was just a pile of yuck. lol! Here's my HP MOTW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I choose that one too! I think its story is less interesting than the other books... and well, after CoS the books are simply better xD

    ReplyDelete
  8. CoS is my 2nd to least favorite book in the series. It just isn't one of my all time favorites like the other books. I think part of the reason I don't like it as much is because it follows the same pattern as 1 & 3, but 1 is the introduction so it's awesome and 3 has Sirius and Lupin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are on board with quite a few people this week. You're right it doesn't seem to have all that much momentum, like the series is still on the upward swing. (which it obviously is because it's the second book, but you know that.) I do really like the GIF you have for it though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so hard to pick the one I like the least when I love them all so much. For a long time, The Goblet of Fire was my least favorite but my love for it has recently revived itself. I think I would have to agree with you on this one. While it's still an A like the rest of the books, its love A :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).