'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Tuesday, 8 July 2014

HPM: J. K. Rowling's New Pottermore Content

Hey guys! I've made a vlog for you today of a reading of the latest content that Queen Rowling has posted on Pottermore - we get a glimpse at what life is like for the 30 year old Harry! Please excuse my fussing in the video, apparently I can't read off a screen and sit still at the same time.
 Hope you enjoy :).


What did you guys think of Rowling's new piece? 
Are you as excited as I am about it? 

3 comments:

  1. Well can I just say that it was absolutely perfect to watch/listen to you read out that vile Rita Skeeter's account of our gang in their 30's :D This is SO EXCITING, I can't believe our queen wrote us such a treat!! It makes me wish we had Harry's POV too and we could KNOW what they're all up to, what's up with Harry's new scar, Hermione's hair and Ron's...lack of XD Not to mention Ginny, Luna and Neville! Gah, this was so freaking uexpected and AWESOME! I have a feeling I'll be re-reading the whole thing a few more times ;-) Thanks for sharring Leahhhh ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't watch this yesterday so I wen to just read it myself, and OOOOH MYYY GOOOOOD!!!
    So so so excited, so amazing, and so goooood. :D I laughed my ass off with Rita being such a bitter bitch even after all those years (always), and it made me long for rereading the books some more. I wanted to play Pottermore right there and then but couldn't...
    I have yet to catch up on the entire Quidditch reporting.

    AND DO YOU THINK ROWLING WILL ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT RITA'S BIOGRAPHY MENTIONED AT THE END!?

    P.s.: totally awesome reading/listening to this in British accent, ha :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to get on Pottermore more. I freaking loved it when it first came out. Then I finished where it was up to and there was nothing new for a few months and I forgot to check it. I'm totally going there now to read this new business!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).