'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Tuesday, 10 June 2014

REVIEW: Delete - Kim Curran

Delete - Kim Curran
Delete (Shift, #3)
The country is at war. Beset by enemies within and without. And all because of the decisions changed by one boy – Scott Tyler.

In this ravaged alternative world, Scott hardly recognises himself. He’s a war hero, a leader of a unit of Shifters and maybe the only one who can prevent the country’s frail defences from crumbling.

But all Scott wants to do is find a way back to the reality he knew – without losing the girl he loves.

With every Shift he makes, Scott edges closer towards oblivion. With no one to trust – not even himself – how much is he willing to risk to get home?
*Received in exchange for an honest review*
*Thank you Strange Chemistry*

What am I going to do now that I've finished Kim Curran's latest works? Seriously! I finished Delete, the final instalment in Kim's Shifter series and just sat there. I love Kim's work and I was so, so sad to see the end of this trilogy! Delete is by far my absolute favourite book of the series. It's so powerful, emotional, enticing, captivating... I could go on and on. I loved it. The end of Control left us all on the edge of our seats with such a powerful cliffhanger so as soon as I saw Delete on NetGalley I grabbed it straight away. I had to know what was going to happen to Scott, Aubrey and just everyone! What was the result of that shift?

Scott's character just exploded off the page in this book. He's developed so much since Shift, in personality, in himself. Curran adds in some brilliant twists and turns to Scott's character and his and Aubrey's relationship in this final instalment. Nothing is the same, everything has changed since the end of Control and I really couldn't put it down. The entire trilogy has been action packed but this one was even better. There was so much military action and war; I found myself at the edge of my seat for the entire book. I was so anxious for my favourite characters. There are some things that shifting can never fix. Delete leaves so many questions open until the end of the novel and this just made it all the more enticing. This is by far Curran's best book to date.

I feel like this review is so rambly but I'm finding it difficult to put into words how I feel about this book. Delete was such a perfect conclusion to the end of what has been an action-packed, exciting trilogy. I started these books with apprehension because they explored topics that I'd never enjoyed before. These books proved me wrong; they are some of my favourite trilogies and I still love that Kim has written from a male perspective. I'm sad to wave goodbye to Scott Tyler but so excited to see what Kim will produce next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).