'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Tuesday, 13 May 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #55

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at the wonderful blog Broke and Bookish.
Top Ten Books I Almost Put Down But Didn't

This is going to be at tough one for me to remember the ones I haven't put down! I never remember these kind of things. Anyway onto the list:

1984

Hostage Three

Middlemarch

Shadow Dance

Great Expectations

Brave New World

The Journal of Dora Damage

These are all of the ones I can think of! Some were course books and some were books I picked up for pleasure. They were all a bit of a struggle at the beginning but they all worked out really well at the end!

What about you guys? 
MHAM

5 comments:

  1. I see a lot of classics. I struggle with those too, I couldn't even read Gatsby on 100 pages. I plan to someday but am in no hurry. I find classics really dragging, though I want to read them.
    Orwell is still on my TBR, must read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any from your list, doesn't sound like that's a bad thing lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh Orwell, interesting choice! A lot of the classics can be struggles, I agree!

    Check out my TTT!

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard great things about the books written by Angela Carter. Never read a book by her, but the covers (almost all of them) are pretty awesome. :)

    Nina from J'adore Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seriously need to read 1984. It's seems wrong that I haven't read it by now...And I have been sitting here for the past 5 minutes trying to remember if I've actually even read Great Expectations before >.< I feel like maybe we studied it in english in high school but I honestly cannot remember LOL In any case, seeing it here seems to warrant a (re?)read.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).