'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Sunday, 11 May 2014

Showcase Sunday #75

It's Sunday again so we all know that it's time for Showcase Sunday. It's a lovely weekly meme hosted by Vicky over at Books, Biscuits and Tea, and it allows us to show off all the lovely buys this week. I love this meme as it gives a chance for us to show and browse so many books!

This week was pretty quiet until Friday where I got some exciting post this week related to Mental Health Awareness Month here on my blog! I'm overjoyed with the support I've had from a variety of publishers and can't wait to get it all going! :D

Bought
I've been wanting to re-read my Princess Diaries books for the longest time now. I 'grew out' of them around book six so when I saw book seven in a charity shop for 99p I couldn't resist! Insignia is one I've been seeing around a lot lately too and this was only 75p in a charity shop too. How could I resist?

ARCs
Payback was a wonderful surprise from Harper this week - thank you! It sounds really interesting. The King is one I got a few weeks back from Piatkus and eeeeeeek I was so happy! Love a bit of J. R. Ward. Finally, Another Night, Another Day was sent to me by the lovely Sarah Rayner in preparation for Mental Health Awareness Month. Thanks so much!

Mental Health Awareness Prizes
The wonderful lovely lovely Bea at Macmillan has donated these to the blog for Mental Health Awareness Month! Brilliant and Smart will be part of one of several giveaways running through the month and I'm so excited and grateful for these! THANK YOU!

NetGalley
I got a few goodies on NetGalley this week. If you guys are taking part in Mental Health Awareness Month All My Puny Sorrows is up now and sounds like a perfect read for the month!

What did you guys get this week?

MHAM

9 comments:

  1. Awesome haul! I hope you like Insignia as much as I did! :D It's funny and action packed!
    Yay for MHAM prizes, so excited for everything :D

    Great haul off NG as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul! :D I read Take Me On in one sitting. It was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Insignia is on my TBR pile! Sounds awesome. Welcome To The Dark House sounds so so good!! Ill definitely have to add it to my list. Enjoy.
    http://bookloverslife.blogspot.ie/2014/05/showcase-sunday-april-11th.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great haul! I love when we get old enough to go back and reread the books we outgrew! Enjoy Princess Diaries and all the rest of your goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for pointing out that All My Puny Sorrows is available on Netgalley. I read an interview recently with the author and have been eager to get my hands on this book since.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know The beast within was on Netgalley! I'm going to hunt it down, because that is a true Mel-book! Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had Insignia on my shelf forever. But I've heard nothing by fantastic things. I'll probably wait until the last book is out and do a binge.
    Take Me On. Eeeeee!!! Can't wait to see if I get approved. Or if not, I've got it on pre-order. :)
    Happy reading!

    My SS

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Beast Within sounds good. Is it a prequel?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh Smart! What a fabulous prize. Insignia for 99p is a real bargain. And yay for the Princess Diaries. Cant wait for your thoughts on the Sarah Rayner.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).