'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 22 May 2014

Harry Potter #65

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come in the Harry Potter section of my blog here.

Favourite Hogwarts Ghost 

This was another difficult week for me. I adore and am so fascinated by so many of the Hogwarts ghosts; from Nearly Headless Nick and the Headless Hunt, The Bloody Baron and his back story, Peeves and his mischievous behaviour... but my favourite is:

Moaning Myrtle
“I wasn't paying attention," said Myrtle dramatically. "Peeves upset me so much I came in here and tried to kill myself. Then, of course, I remembered that I'm -- that I'm --"
"Already dead," said Ron hopefully.
 Myrtle gave a tragic sob, rose up in the air, turned over, and dived headfirst into the toilet, splashing water all over them and vanishing from sight, although from the direction of her muffled sobs, she had come to rest somewhere in the U-bend.”

Moaning Myrtle is absolutely hysterical. I love when she appears like a proper creepy teenager in the Prefect's bath with Harry, to her appearance in the Great Lake and her back story is just brilliant. I think it's her back story that makes her my favourite. The fact that she plays a part in the story of Voldemort just makes her all the more fascinating. I'd love to learn so much more about her!

6 comments:

  1. Ah, Moaning Myrtle. I just had to love the fact that she haunted a bathroom, lol. And she was so kind as to offer to share haunting it with Harry if he didn't get out of the Chamber of Secrets alive! Awesome pick! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha good pick, that gif is awesome, I loved the moment this happens because it's so funny and well made. :D
    I think she was a pretty fun ghost but sometimes a really annoying one too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha omg can you believe I completely forgot about Moaning Myrtle!?? Fantastic pick Leah ^^ I loved how her seemingly innocent haunting of the girls bathroom tied into the whole Tom Riddle/Chamber of Secrets plotline! And then that gif you picked ROFL. I love how she took to Harry (and Cedric apparently) and helped him out there XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picked that one as well! Myrtle is absolutely amazing! I I was a ghost I'd aspire to be Myrtle xD She was such a creeper but then she was really helpful as well! Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I chose her too :D I love her so much. Nearly Headless Nick is a close second, but Myrtle is just so much more instrumental to the plot. Great choice! Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I thought about ghosts, I must admit that she didn't come up on my list, but I have to agree. I like how she is still a teenager, despite being a ghost, with her girl crush on Harry :D

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).