'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 15 May 2014

Harry Potter #64

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come in the Harry Potter section of my blog here.

The Best 'Harry' Moment

“A red-gold glow burst suddenly across the enchanted sky above them as an edge of dazzling sun appeared over the sill of the nearest window. The light hit both of their faces at the same time, so that Voldemort's was suddenly a flaming blur. Harry heard the high voice shriek as he too yelled his best hope to the heavens, pointing Draco's wand:
"Avada Kedavra!"
"Expelliarmus!"
The bang was like a cannon blast, and the golden flames that erupted between them, at the dead center of the circle they had been treading, marked the point where the spells collided. Harry saw Voldemort's green jet meet his own spell, saw the Elder Wand fly high, dark against the sunrise, spinning across the enchanted ceiling, spinning through the air toward the master it would not kill, who had come to take full possession of it at last.”
This. This moment. This moment where everything comes full circle. Where justice is finally served. I get goosebumps every single time I read this. Harry finally facing off with Voldemort. Nothing left between them. *shivers*. This is the scene that the whole series has been building up to. Harry is so brave in this and aww, I love it.



8 comments:

  1. Yes! And in the movie it was so epic with the awesome music and everything! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get chills every time I read that part, too! Harry's journey finally reaches its crescendo, and is it ever unforgettable! Awesome pick! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This moment is amazing, gives me goosebumps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh I got goosebumps just reading your pick and looking at the gif ♥ You're so right: the entire series was leading up to THIS ^^ moment and finally, after losing so much, Harry defeats old Voldy and it's all over. Gah just thinking about it makes me want to re-read the series!! Brilliant pick Leah xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, this is THE moment where everything comes together. Great pick :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was an absolutely amazing moment I remember reading it for the first time and getting absolute chills and then seeing it in the cinema the same thing happened again! Thanks for hosting :)
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah I just love this one! I think it's great how much it takes us back to that first real meeting between the two. Such an excellent climax to the story. Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh great pick! I loved how a simple spell defeated the Dark Lord, just another layer of satisfaction. When I read this the first time around I was so scared :X :D

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).