'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 8 May 2014

Harry Potter #63

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come in the Harry Potter section of my blog here.

Favourite Edition of the Harry Potter Books

No contest here for me. My favourite editions are:

My own copies
I love them. There will be no other like these. There may be new editions out or coming out soon but there will be no others that take up that place in my heart. I even love that a younger me thought it was a good idea to colour in the letters in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. 

Quick FYI! I'm hosting a Mental Health Awareness Month in June on the blog. If you're interested in taking part, sign-ups are here!






8 comments:

  1. I must admit I never liked these much, Slovenian versions have US covers and I love those, but even those are kinds of weird haha :D
    I prefer the adult versions, much simpler. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Czech versions have the US covers as well! So I'm used to them, but I like these as well. :)

      Delete
  2. hahaahaa! You put your on touch on it!
    I love all the covers old and new. It's Harry Potter...too hard to choose!
    But if I HAD to choose, lol, I would of course choose my book collection too. I have the other illustrated editions from US. The old ones but I must say the newest illustrated ones are VERY nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my Dutch copies, but I'd love to get the new illustrated ones, the box set. It's gorgeous <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, I WANT THEM ALL! Honestly, I dream of having a HUGE personal library and displaying ALL the HP editions front and center XD These ones are lovely too, I think my favorites from this batch are OotP, HBP and DH.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love my own versions but they're the German ones! It's just, growing up with these covers on your bookshelves, how could you love any other? I do love the Order of the Phoenix cover here as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The ones that mean the most are the ones we've held in our hands time and again and seen on our shelves. I think they are all great in their own ways. Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't seen the complete set of covers for this edition before- they're gorgeous! That's an epic image of Harry and Dumbledore on the HBP cover!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).