'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Sunday, 6 April 2014

Showcase Sunday #72

It's Sunday again so we all know that it's time for Showcase Sunday. It's a lovely weekly meme hosted by Vicky over at Books, Biscuits and Tea, and it allows us to show off all the lovely buys this week. I love this meme as it gives a chance for us to show and browse so many books! 

By the time you guys read this, I'll be on my way to London ready for the London Book Fair! I really cannot wait for it. I get to finally meet a few blogging buddies: Ula at Blog Of Erised, Vicky at Books, Biscuits and Tea and Faye from A Daydreamer's Thoughts for definite! EEEEEP! I'll be posting a few recaps after the event. See you all in a week! 

I haven't bought any books this week or requested any from NG/ Edelweiss. I don't know how that's happened, but it has. Amazed. Despite this, I've got plenty of books to show you guys:


ARCs
Big thanks to Piatkus and Headline for these!


Won
I won TWO giveaways hosted by Quercus Books this week. I never win competitions so I couldn't quite believe it! Especially looking forward to getting into some Cat Clarke books :). Thanks so much Quercus!

What did you guys get this week? Will I see you at the fair? :)

7 comments:

  1. What a haul! Hibberd & Usmar books look so pretty!
    And yay for The King!

    SEE YOU TOMORROW!!!

    My INT giveaway
    My UK giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay for the wins x2!! Congrats! Happy Reading!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice haul! Congrats for the 2 wins! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow signed Cat Clarke! Congratulations. I got the Nicola Doherty too so fingers crossed its a good one. Have fun at LBF, Im gutted I cant make it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice haul! If I Could Turn Back Time looks like a really cute read. I've seen How to Love on a few lists and may have to look into that one. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have some of those Quercus books back at my parents' house but I haven't read them. Hope they're good!

    AND YAY! SEE YOU SOOOOOOON!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woah, you have quite the fantastic haul here!! I NEED to get into that JRR Ward series XD I've heard good things about Torn as well! Oh and YAY for signed books - always a happy day when there are signed goodies involved! Congrats on all the loot and happy reading xox

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).