'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 3 April 2014

Harry Potter #58

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come in the Harry Potter section of my blog here


Trelawney vs. Firenze 
I am 100% Trelawney. I feel some sort of loyalty towards her even though I love Firenze too. I hate how horrificly she was treated by Umbridge and that public shaming was vile. Even though she was a big ole fraud most of the time, her scenes are some of the funniest in the entire series. Harry and Ron's predictions and tea cup readings were hysterical, and who can forget Hermione's first row with a teacher?!
“Right, you've got a crooked sort of cross..." He consulted Unfogging the Future. "That means you're going to have 'trials and suffering' — sorry about that — but there's a thing that could be the sun... hang on... that means 'great happiness'... so you're going to suffer but be very happy..."
"You need your Inner Eye tested, if you ask me," said Ron, and they both had to stifle their laughs as Professor Trelawney gazed in their direction.”


3 comments:

  1. I do love Trelawney but I don't think my Inner Eye and I jell very well, so I was always more inclined to Firenze. I loved the chapters were he taught at Hogwarts! Thanks for hosting :)
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! You're right: the scenes with Trelawney in the series with Harry & Ron struggling to make it through are some of the funniest moments :D Trelawney was also a vital part of some of the most important moments so it's hard not to be attached to her! And YES the way Umbridge treated her was vile and just plain wrong! Great choice ^^ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right about a lot of funny scenes involving Trelawney. I wasn't really thinking of it in that sense. I really enjoyed it when Ron and Harry made up their predictions for the month. Some of the things actually became true! Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).