'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Saturday, 26 April 2014

Dewey's Readathon: Mini Challenge Hour 6

Hi guys! Hope your Readathons are going well. Mine's been a bit of a struggle so far. I've had to go up to my Gramp's field to dig out some of the hill and been to the gym so I've not got much reading done. I've taken part in most of the challenges though and they've been so much fun! How's all of yours going?

This mini challenge is hosted by Lisa's World of Books. The aim is to pick three of the categories from her list and recommend our best books of the year so far within those categories. I could pick one for pretty much every category - it's so hard! But I've picked:


Best YA Book of Your Reading Year
Thirteen Reasons Why
This book hurt my heart. So much. It was so beautifully written and sensitively handled and ah. This book moved me so much and I can't recommend it enough. It opened my eyes to so many things and I couldn't get the characters out of my head for days. This book would make for a fantastic audio book too if that's more your thing :).

Best Fantasy Book of Your Reading Year
A Storm of Swords: Steel and Snow (A Song of Ice and Fire, #3, Part 1)
A Storm of Swords: Steel and Snow (George R. R. Martin)
Oh man, I loved this book. It's my favourite so far! It's absolutely amazing. It's gritty, it's heart-wrenching, it's amazing. I cannot recommend this series enough. 

Best Main Character of Your Reading Year
The Assassin's Blade: The Throne of Glass Novellas (Throne of Glass, #0.1-#0.5)
She is so badass it's unbelievable! It's been awhile since I've loved a character as much as Celaena. She's ruthless, she's strong, she's independent but she also has a softer side, and I think that's so important to show. It shows that she is actually human. If you haven't encountered her yet, I don't know what you're waiting for! 

1 comment:

  1. There are challenges? I did not do a very good research! Lol. But I have actually been reading most of the day which is more than I expected. :)
    I hope your reading picks up soon!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).