'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Sunday, 27 April 2014

Dewey's Readathon: End of Event

So this is the end of my very first Readathon. Congrats everyone on all your reading!! It's been so much fun even though I didn't get to read for as many hours as I'd hoped. The mini challenges were great and so much fun and really can't wait for the next one! I managed to read two and a half books out of my four plus I read a book in the morning before it started. Really can't complain. Here's my stats at the end:

STATS:
Currently reading: Revolution 19 by Gregg Rosenblum
Books finished: Paper Aeroplanes (Dawn O'Porter), Poison (Sarah Pinborough
Running total of pages read: 614
Running total of time spent reading: 10
Snacks: Toast, Dinner

End of Event Meme:
Which hour was most daunting for you?
The first few. It took me awhile to get going because of so many things going on here and it felt like I was going to fail completely at my goal! 

Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher, Will Grayson, Will Grayson by David Levithan and John Green. Short and such captivating reads.

Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
I thought there would have been more of a Twitter presence than there was. I don't know what it was like for others - it could be that I just wasn't following many fellow readathoners! Perhaps a mini twitter chat/ catch up on where we're all at.

What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
The scheduling of everything on the hour. The mini challenges. The support.

How many books did you read?
Two and a half out of four! Not too bad.

What were the names of the books you read?
Paper Aeroplanes by Dawn O'Porter, Poison by Sarah Pinborough and half of Revolution 19 by Gregg Rosenblum.

Which book did you enjoy most?
I'm enjoying Revolution 19 at the moment.

Which did you enjoy least?
Poison by Sarah Pinborough. Certain aspects of it really peed me off.

How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
Very! As a reader again and perhaps hosting a mini challenge :). 

2 comments:

  1. 2 and a half is good! I read half of one and half of another :D still more than I would normally on a regular day :)
    I was glad to be alone at home for a bit, had some peace and quiet.
    I wish I knew more about the readalong, I came in so late I didn't even know about so many things. Must prepare better next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 and a half is not bad at all!! You did a great job, and also I think hosting a mini challenge would be fun. Seeing people's responses were great.
    Random Ramblings

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).