'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Sunday, 30 March 2014

Showcase Sunday #71

It's Sunday again so we all know that it's time for Showcase Sunday. It's a lovely weekly meme hosted by Vicky over at Books, Biscuits and Tea, and it allows us to show off all the lovely buys this week. I love this meme as it gives a chance for us to show and browse so many books! 

Once again, I was doing perfectly fine and then I went shopping yesterday and - to no one's surprise - I came home with books. Three books. I swear it's a massive problem. They're books I've been fancying for at least a fortnight though to be fair! 

Bought

ARCs
The Best Thing I Never Had - Erin Lawless (Thanks Harper Collins!)
The Miniaturist sounds absolutely incredible. It's been likened to works by Sarah Waters so I am one happy lady!

NetGalley/ Edelweiss
So Harper Teen uploaded a load of new titles to EW and I can never resist their books. They ALWAYS sound fantastic so I'm really looking forward to reading these!
The first four are from NetGalley. Excited to read these too. Feel like I've been waiting the longest time to read Essence so bring it oooon :D

What did you guys get this week?

15 comments:

  1. I picked up Kiss of Broken Glass too! :) It sounds like a really emotional book. Nice haul, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, amazing haul! The Miniaturist looks so pretty! And I am going to Edelweiss right now, see what's on there :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Haul. Sun Catcher and The Miniaturist look good. I also love the look of The Queen Of The Tearling and The Girl In GE. Hope you enjoy them all :)
    http://bookloverslife.blogspot.ie/2014/03/showcase-sunday-29.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read and reviewed Golden Boy, it's brilliant. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock is so good. I really hope you love it! Paper Aeroplanes is also such a good book.
    How awesome is the cover of Smart? I love it!

    Happy reading, Leah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock is such a great read! It was so emotional and powerful. I never knew that The Best Thing I Never Had was actually Little White Lies! I was going to buy the paperback of that one, but I'm pretty sure I've got Little White Lies on my kindle. I've been meaning to get to it for quite a while because it sounds really good!
    I adore the cover for The Miniaturist, and also, it sounds really good!
    I managed to restrain myself on Edelweiss this time and only grabbed two of the Harper titles, but I totally just wanted to get them all.
    Great haul, Leah! Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice haul this week! I can't wait to see what you think of them! :) Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see a lot of Edelweiss titles I'm planning to download soon. Feral & Poisoned apples are two of them :D I also got Essence from Netgalley. I was wondering if In a handful of dust is readable without the first book? Since it's not a sequel?

    Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, story of a book lovers life. There's no it's expected of you to go into a book store and come out empty handed. :)
    You've got a lot of books there I want to read.
    Great haul!
    Happy reading!

    My SS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Paper Aeroplanes is fantastic! I love the cover of The Miniaturist too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes for Golden Boy! Such an emotional book. Smart sounds really adorable, cant wait to see what you think. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eeep, I didn't know The Queen of the Tearling was up on NG! Thanks a million for featuring it, I've already gone and requested a copy :D You got some fabulous looking goodies here: TQotT, In a Handful of Dust, Balance Keepers...I'm quite curious about The Miniaturist as well! Oh and I've heard wonderful things about Leonard Peacock! I hope you enjoy all of these ^^ happy reading xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely LOVED Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock! Hope you love it just as much as I did <3

    See you on Monday, Leyah! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha pipe down Posh Queenie! ;) see you soooooon! xx

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).