'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Sunday, 23 March 2014

Showcase Sunday #70

It's Sunday again so we all know that it's time for Showcase Sunday. It's a lovely weekly meme hosted by Vicky over at Books, Biscuits and Tea, and it allows us to show off all the lovely buys this week. I love this meme as it gives a chance for us to show and browse so many books! 

I made the mistake this week of going on The Works website. Usually this isn't too dangerous. There isn't often enough books on there that I want to warrant the spend, but this week was different. They had new stock in and I couldn't resist! My boyfriend bought them for me, bless him, but ahhhh. So many books. Only problem is I've just added even more to my TBR pile. Oops.

Bought

ARCs
A massive thank you to Quercus for this book! It's likened to Sarah J Maas' work so I really can't wait to get stuck into this one AND how awesome is the orange packet?!

NetGalley
Big thank you to Avon, Orbit, Disney-Hyperion and Mira Ink for these! 

What did you guys get this week?

12 comments:

  1. I just did the same thing with Book Depository. A few of my books had come down a substantial amount and I couldn't resist. I'm going to have to check out this True Fire book if it's likened to the amazingness that is Sarah J. Maas. Great haul :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic haul! I hope you enjoy them all! :) I really love that cover of A Monster Calls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow great haul! Martin and Ness! Yay I hope you enjoy these two!
    And I got Thief's Magic as well, looks so good it'll be read pretty soon. :D
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOoh very nice! These are pretty much all new to me! It's hard avoiding sales! Hope you enjoy them all!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice haul! True Fire looks cool. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul. I didn't realise George R. R. Martin had so many other books. Are they in the Song of Ice and Fire world?

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. True Fire looks interesting - will have to check it out. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Curious Incident is AMAZING - enjoy! From your other new books I particularly love the look of Wait For You :)

    My Showcase Sunday: http://www.pagetostagereviews.com/2014/03/sunday-post-25.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soo many good books! I read the Curious Incident years ago but I remember really enjoying it :) I had no idea George R R Martin had written other books! Will add that to my wishlist :) Hope you enjoy all your books this week!

    Check out my SS here!

    Laura @ What's Hot?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wait For You!!! One of my favourite books. I hope you can get to it soon. Just so much love. :)
    Have the tissues handy for A Monster Calls.
    Great haul!
    Happy reading!

    http://thisisthestoryofmyreadinglife.blogspot.ca/2014/03/showcase-sunday-28.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Works is dangerous! Like you, I don't usually buy anything online - unless there's free shipping and they have at least three or four books I want - but going in store is VERY dangerous. :D

    I have a copy of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time but I haven't had time to read it yet. I hope you enjoy it and all your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Works is so dangerous. I was very chuffed about finding Curious Incident though. The Patrick Ness and Wait For You are awesome choices!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).