'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Sunday, 2 March 2014

Showcase Sunday #67

It's Sunday again so we all know that it's time for Showcase Sunday. It's a lovely weekly meme hosted by Vicky over at Books, Biscuits and Tea, and it allows us to show off all the lovely buys this week. I love this meme as it gives a chance for us to show and browse so many books! 

This week has been quiet on the bookish front. My Mam picked me up a book from Asda and a book I ordered last week arrived. I haven't requested much on the NetGalley front either, so it's been a fairly successful week in cutting down on my bookish habits!


Bought
Two books I've been wanting to read for the longest time - it means I can actually make a little dent in my Margaret Atwood Challenge too! 

ARC
I'm sooooooo excited to have this book to read! Going to be starting it pretty much straight away :)


NetGalley
Both of these sound fanastic, so will be reading them a.s.a.p!

What did you guys get this week? :) 

21 comments:

  1. I really want to read The Ring and the Crown. It sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely haul! Yay for Rowell, hopefully I get a copy as well. And Atwood, must start her novels soon. :) Fore and Flood looks amazing as well. :)
    Happy reading!

    My haul

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover from Landline is so cute :D I'm VERY excited for The ring and the crown, it sounds awesome. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh nice! I loved Fire & Flood! Hope you enjoy it too!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LANDLINE! I want that one so bad! I'm super excited to see what you think of it. I hope it's just as awesome as her other books. Plus, I really love that cover. :)
    I've got Fire & Flood pre-ordered. It sounds really awesome doesn't it?
    The Ring and the Crown sounds amazing! And that cover is beautiful <3
    Great haul this week, Leah! Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous haul, Leah! I want quite a lot of these, especially Margaret Atwood. Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY for Landline! Oh I REALLY HOPE YOU ENJOY IT :) Can't wait to hear what you think :)

    Happy Sunday!

    Meg xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gah, I was too late to get Landline (though publicist has take my address in case she finds more, I can live in hope). Oryx and Crake is fab, really should get round to reading Year of the Flood sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my STS! I have Fire and Flood up next in my TBR pile. I really love the author's other series so I hope it's as good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The ring and the crown looks really good! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  11. so many wonderful covers, I love them all, Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those look really good! I hope you have a blast reading them all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome haul! I'd love to read the Wicked We Have Done :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great haul! They all sound great. I love the cover for The Ring & The Crown! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't heard much about Landline, but the cover's really pretty! Awesome haul, I hope you like your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am sooo jealous that you have Landline!! I wish I had an ARC of that book. Can't wait for it to be published.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Ring and the Crown looks so cool. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  18. OOoh Landline! I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive - can't wait to read it!

    Hope we both enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh man, Landline is making the rounds this week. Super jealous! :D
    My copy of Fire and Flood is on its way. I can't wait.
    Great haul!
    Happy reading!
    http://thisisthestoryofmyreadinglife.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love MdlCruz but i skipped that new book of hers. It's too juvenile for me hehehe, I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm dying to try Rainbow Rowell! Gonna closely follow your review on 'Landline'. =)

    Patricia @The Book Spine

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).