'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Tuesday, 4 March 2014

REVIEW: Far From You - Tess Sharpe

 Far From You - Tess Sharpe
We are delighted to be able to reveal the cover for one of the most exciting debuts of 2014, Far From You. This brilliant debut novel from Tess Sharpe will be the book everyone is talking about in 2014! Don’t believe us? Here’s a sneak peek at Far From You: 
Nine months. Two weeks. Six days … 
That’s how long recovering addict Sophie’s been drug-free. Four months ago her best friend Mina died in what everyone believes was a drug deal gone wrong - a deal they think Sophie set up. Only Sophie knows the truth. She and Mina shared a secret, but there was no drug deal. Mina was deliberately murdered.
Forced into rehab for a drug addiction she’d already beaten, Sophie’s finally out and on the trail of the killer. But can she track them down before they come for her?
Far From You will be out where all books are sold on the 27th March. We know that seems like a long way away, but we will be bringing you more teasers, extracts, competitions to help pass the time! 
In the meantime, tell us what you think of the cover!
Nine months. Two weeks. Six days.

That's how long recovering addict Sophie's been drug-free. Four months ago her best friend, Mina, died in what everyone believes was a drug deal gone wrong - a deal they think Sophie set up. Only Sophie knows the truth. She and Mina shared a secret, but there was no drug deal. Mina was deliberately murdered.

Forced into rehab for an addiction she'd already beaten, Sophie's finally out and on the trail of the killer - but can she track them down before they come for her?
*Received in exchange for an honest review*
*Thank you, Indigo Books*

I don't even know where to start with this book. It's completely captivated me and I feel emotionally drained by the entire thing. One thing's for certain and that's that this is one hell of a debut. I may as well give Tess Sharpe my money right now because I know I'll be reading her work from here on. As soon as I read the synopsis of this book, I knew I had to read it. How could you not be intrigued by this book? I did not expect to feel so much emotion for this book. The revelations were nothing like I expected, particularly about certain relationships. 

It seems that the more I love a book, the harder it is to right about it. I don't know how to convey how I felt when reading Far From You. The book is thrilling, enticing and something completely different to anything I've read before. The way the book is written definitely adds to the mystery with the chapters alternating between present day and flashbacks of Sophie and Mina's friendships. The passages reveals so much about their friendship; from the good things to the terrible. It is through these flashbacks that we discover more of our characters flaws and weaknesses. I loved this way of writing and I only wish I could read more of their story.

I wasn't ready to finish this book. My heart still aches from the story. It's another one of those books in which I wish that the character hadn't died. I wish Mina had somehow escaped or survived. I felt Sophie and Trev's pain throughout the book. Alongside the characters, I was so eager to find out who was behind this crime. There are even more twists and turns towards the end, with a revelation which very nearly knocked the book down a star. Needless to say, Sharpe filled it with further surprise which left me reeling.

Far From You
is such a fantastic, enthralling and heartbreaking novel and I can't wait to see what else Tess Sharpe has up her sleeve for us!

3 comments:

  1. Writing reviews for books you absolutely loved are SO hard. I always feel I can't do them justice with just my words, but you did a great job :) I like it when books play with my emotions and make me regret that it's already over.

    Mel@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound really touched/affected by the story. You did it justice, your review is really good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great review! I love books that have such a strong affect on you!
    I will have to check this one out myself. you have me sold on this one :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).