'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Friday, 28 March 2014

Harry Potter #57

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come in the Harry Potter section of my blog here


So I'm a day late with my post for this one! I forgot to schedule it Wednesday night then had work Thursday and then somehow ended up in a pub last night. On the plus side, we scored higher on the pub quiz this week than last time. Still came last, but it's the taking part that counts! This weeks post it:

Favourite moment in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 
“My word, Severus, that I shall never reveal the best of you?’ Dumbledore sighed, looking down into Snape’s ferocious, anguished face. ‘If you insist …”
My favourite moment is a bit of a bitter sweet one. My favourite moment is learning about who Snape actually was. Throughout the series we all wondered whether we could trust him. We wondered what it was that made Dumbledore so trusting of what appeared to be an absolute monster of a character. Those chapters where we saw the death of Snape and the revelation of his characters destroyed me. How is it possible to move from loathing someone to pitying and loving them so much? His memories that he shared with Harry were horribly heartbreaking. I felt like we weren't given enough chance to get to know him after that. But that just makes the moment all that more dramatic and heartbreaking. I think we all had a new found deep respect for Snape after everything he'd done. 

What's your favourite moment in The Deathly Hallows? 

5 comments:

  1. I was shocked and glad about these, too, but I had so much anger left over for Snape I wasn't feeling too warm towards him despite this scene. It was great and all, but his refusal to be kinder (because he could have been even under the disguise!) and his maliciousness made me a little less mad, but still mad at him nevertheless. It was a nice moment sill. :)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that one too! :) My favorite line is still:

    "After all this time?"
    "Always."

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUCH an intense moment ^^ I remember the glee at FINALLY getting to know the TRUTH about Snape. His past. His motives. Seeing all the risks he took since he turned his allegiance over and how in the end it was love that pushed him to change. It might not have been ideal of perfect love, but it save him. And Harry ♥ I loved how JKR waited till the end to reveal it - via pensive nonetheless. It felt almost wrong to witness his most guarded secrets but both Harry and the rest of us needed to know XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! I always believed in Snape, so when I finally found out I was right all that time <3 And it was so beautiful and heart-breaking. I was just so happy that she gave my favorite character such a background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah! Absolutely fantastic part. My son is reading the books and we watched all the movies together and I would cringe every time he said how awful Snape is. I just wanted to say, "Wait and see." Of course, I couldn't spoil that awesome moment for him though. What a great choice :D Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).