'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Saturday, 1 March 2014

February Recap: The Month of GRRM



February has been a fairly slow month on the blogging front. I attempted to read George R R Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series but managed almost two of the books LOL. That didn't go as planned at all, but I'm really enjoying my re-reads of the first two books. Almost finished with A Clash of Kings so really looking forward to reading the ones that I haven't read before! Continuing on the bookish front, I discovered the brilliant Thirteen Reasons Why and am hosting a giveaway to win a book by Sarah J. Maas. I shared my favourite bookish couples for Valentines Day, interviewed Barbara Taylor Bradford and hosted a giveaway for Julianna Scott's The Seers! The final thing this month was me sharing my anxieties about blogging and the never-ending TBR pile last night. Other than that, it's been pretty quiet here at Uncorked Thoughts!

On the non-bookish front, I went up north with my boyfriend to see his parents, for him to get sight marks for his field shoot and we stopped by York on the way. I met Yoda just casually floating in the street, saw a Storm Trooper and stumbled across the Hogwarts Express in the National Railway Museum. I'd say that was a pretty successful day :).

Read in February

Glitches - Marissa Meyer
The Little Android - Marissa Meyer
The Queen's Army - Marissa Meyer

Posts

March Reading Goals:
I'm taking part in the Clean Out Your E-Reader Challenge through the month of March as hosted by Fantasy is More Fun and Because Reading is Better than Real Life. Here are my goals:
Sea of Shadows - Kelley Armstrong
House of Ivy and Sorrow - Natalie Whipple
Death Sworn - Leah Cypress
Dangerous - Shannon Hale
The Fearless - Emma Pass
The Fever - Megan Abbott
The Eye of Minds - James Dashner
Faking Normal - Courtney C. Stevens
Mila 2.0: Renegade - Debra Driza
Tease - Amanda Maciel
Alongside this challenge, I'm going to carry on reading GRRM's A Song of Ice and Fire to try and catch up in time for Season 4 on the TV! It's going to be a busy month but I'm looking forward to it :).
What's your plans for March?  

3 comments:

  1. What! Two asoiaf books?! You need to share your secret with me because I've been reading A Feast for Crows for months now but I always put it down and forget about it for a while. I tried reading a chapter a day but that didn't last long.
    So jealous you got to read The Assassin's Blade already. Can't wait to get my hands on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two ASoIaF books a month is a pretty nice result tbh, I read them all together for mooooonths... :X I did have to pause for exams, but still!
    Also, great TBR for March! I hope to get Renegade soon. I requested it on Edelweiss but no response :(
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for Game of thrones to return <3 I'm still reading part 2 of the series, but I keep putting it off for other books. It's just so huge, haha. Great job on reading 2 of them!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).