Top Ten Reasons I Love Being a Blogger/ Reader
This weeks is quite a hard topic. There are so, so many reasons that I love being a blogger and a reader. Too many to narrow down to just ten, but I'm going to try my best :). In no particular order:
1. I love being a member of this wonderful bookish community. A few of my friends at home love reading, but was never as fanatic about it as me. I love having others to talk to that freak out over characters and plot twists as much as I do. I've met some wonderful people through this blog and I am so grateful :).
2. I love meeting and interacting with publishing companies. It has given me such an insight into this world that I am so eager to be a part of. It is my absolute life goal. If it wasn't for this blog, I wouldn't have gotten my internship with Angry Robot Books and I definitely wouldn't have learnt as much as I have about this bookish world.
3. I love being in the know. I love hearing about the upcoming books, receiving ARCs and feeling so lucky and privileged to be able to help in spreading the word about some absolutely brilliant books.
4. I love having a never ending TBR pile. Before blogging, finding a new book to read was such a nightmare. I never knew where to look and I was so restrictive with myself. I'd never have read YA books and now it's my absolute favourite genre! It has broadened my reading so much and I've benefited from it so much.
5. I love talking with authors. They are my superstars honestly. I get star struck with so many. The highlight of my bookish life has been meeting J. K. Rowling. Having this blog has allowed me to develop relationships with a few and has just made interacting with them so much easier. I really wouldn't trade it for the world.
1. It is a brilliant form of escapism. If I ever feel sad or lonely or down in the dumps, I just know that reading a book for a little while will pick me straight back up. It transports me to a new world and don't we all need that once in awhile?
2. It educates me. I feel like I've learnt so much from books. It broadens my mind, betters my English and provides some fantastic life lessons.
3. Reading helps build solid friendships. It gives common ground and there is nothing quite the same as fangirling over a book with a fellow lover!
4. I love falling in love with characters. I love being sucked into these worlds. I love discovering new places, people. I love falling in love with books. Nothing will ever compare to reading Harry Potter for the first time. I love the experiences I've had from being a reader. Anyone that doesn't read is honestly missing out on so much.
5. I love seeing hidden messages in literature. I did my degree and masters in English Literature and I love reading further into books, seeing what certain actions mean for the plot as a whole, and seeing hidden societal messages within the pages of books. Reading gives me a thrill in general, and it's a pleasure to be a reader and blogger :).