'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Tuesday, 11 February 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #45

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at the wonderful blog; Broke and Bookish. This weeks topic is:

Top Ten Books That Will Make You Swoon 

This is a very hard topic for me. I'm not a huge reader of swoon worthy books but I plan on reading a little more YA Romance etc this year. I've split my list into two sections: books that have made me swoon and books that I am going to read and expect to make me swoon :)

Swooned
J. R. Ward's The Blackdagger Brotherhood Series
*Emergency fan required when reading these books*

J. R. Ward's The Fallen Angels Series
Equally as steamy as Ward's other series!

Kelley Armstrong's Bitten
Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1)
EVERY single scene with Elena and Clay. Seriously. I love that couple!

Sarah Waters' Tipping the Velvet
Tipping the Velvet
This is such a swoon worthy read! LGBT focused too :)

Marissa Meyer's Scarlet and Cress [so far]
Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles, #2)Cress (Lunar Chronicles, #3)
Captain Thorne, yes? Yes? :D

Rosamund Hodge's Cruel Beauty
Cruel Beauty
Ahhh this book! Just everything about it! Go read it. Go, now! Why are you still here? :P

Books I predict I'll find swoon worthy

Stephanie Perkins' Anna and the French Kiss
Anna and the French Kiss
It's all in the title!

Rainbow Rowell's Eleanor & Park
Eleanor & Park
I am praying to love this book as much as everyone else!

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
Again, I've heard a lot about this book and I hope it lives up to expectations!

Jennifer L. Armentrout's White Hot Kiss 
I've never read anything by Armentrout, but her blurbs and reviews promise some swoon worthy reading!

13 comments:

  1. Of these I've only read The Statistical, and I found it was cute but not really much swooning for me. Might be different for you though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I soooo want to read White Hot Kiss!!! Netgalley and Edelweiss still unresponsive to my requests! :( And we're still two weeks from official release date! :(

    I almost chose Bitten too, but then I was getting details confused from book vs TV show! Enjoyed Cruel Beauty as well! Great picks!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - I promise you. White Hot Kiss is SUPER swoony. Roth is just... *sigh*. Yeah. It's like that.

    I'm in the middle of Cress right now too! So many amazing guys - Thorne. Wolf. Kai. I never want it to end.

    TTT @ Krista's Dust Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  4. THORNE <3 I love Thorne. I'm only a couple of chapters into Cress and he's got me swooning already!
    I was swooning at Cruel Beauty as well! I loved Nyx & Ignifex <3 I'm pretty sure I'll be swooning at the Black Dagger Brotherhood series when I start it.
    Leah, you need to read Anna, Eleanor & Park and The Statistical Probability soon! They're all so cute and adorable and extremely swoon-worthy! I'm pretty sure you're going to love them (especially Anna and Eleanor & Park!).
    Great list! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES to Anna & E&P, you will definitely find them swoon-worthy. I can't believe I left Scarlet off of my list. I love Scarlet and Wolf best. Adore them. Great list!

    Amanda @ i solemnly swear

    ReplyDelete
  6. I´m a fan of the BDB series!! I love John Matthew and I also like Elena And Clay as a couple. Great list!
    Here is My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wooooooooop! We share two :D I cannot wait to read Tipping the Velvet and get on Ward's other series.
    Love the list, must read more of these soon.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES, I hope you love Eleanor & Park! My coblogger did not like it at all but I loved it. Rowell's writing is full of dialogue and raw feelings... pretty much fantastic! Scarlet made my list today, I do like Wolf :)

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES to Anna and the French Kiss :D I badly wanna read White Hot Kiss. Hope you'll enjoy reading it along with Eleanor and Park (this was bittersweet for me), The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight (still had to read) and White Hot Kiss (dying to read this). I recommend J. Armentrout's Lux Series :D Pretty swoony too ;) and her contemporary story, Wait For You. Thanks for sharing your list!

    My TTT @ Of Coffee and Books

    ReplyDelete
  10. I soooooo want to read Cruel Beauty! People have been talking about it so much! And I'm sure you'll love Eleanor & Park, it's the best! Great list :)

    Our TTT

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Black Dagger Brotherhood books are definitely swoon-worthy especially (IMO) the ones with John Matthew, Rhage, and Zsadist. I really want to read Cruel Beauty so I'm glad to know you liked it. I'm watching the Bitten TV show and am also loving the Elena/Clay dynamic. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've only read Ana, Statistical Probability and Cruel Beauty from your list and loved them all! Great picks.

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).