'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Tuesday, 4 February 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #44

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at the wonderful blog; Broke and Bookish. This weeks topic is:

Top Ten Books That Have Made Me Cry

I must admit, it isn't easy to make me cry with a book. I have cried over a select few and often I feel like I'm going to cry, but there are only a special few that have made me shed tears. This list is going to be a mixture of both of these! :)

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5)Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6)Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
The Fault in Our StarsWill Grayson, Will Grayson
Charm and StrangeThe Mad Scientist's Daughter
Allegiant (Divergent, #3)Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)Lover at Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #11)

6 comments:

  1. GREAT LIST!
    Wow! I've never seen those covers to the Harry Potter books before! I love them!!! You have quite a few books on here that I have on my TBR list! LOVE IT!!! xoxo
    Check out my TTT list here ~~ http://bookhangoversbb.blogspot.com/
    Thanks xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even remember if I cried at HBP. I know I cried at OotP & DH, but I don't think I was too upset over what happened in HBP (maybe I'm just weird). But I totally agree with TFiOS, Crown of Midnight & Allegiant. Allegiant was just cruel.
    Oh, god. I'm going to cry at The Mad Scientist's Daughter, aren't I?
    Great list, Leah! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice list!! I have Harry Potter 5-7 and Allegiant on mine as well! I started with Harry Potter 7, then I thought back, 6 made me cry and omg 5 did too! So that knocked 3 picks out right away when I thought this one would be hard!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely agree on Harry Potter and TFIOS! And I forgot about Lover at Last, but it really made me cry as well. I really want to read Charm & Strange now. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Completely with you on HP and TFIOS. I havent read Will Grayson yet, but I know its going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome picks! I almost picked LAL as well, but I ran out of room. :) I see we share lots of others though - Rowling and Green, as well as Maas. All awesome books, and sobfests. :D
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).