'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Sunday, 2 February 2014

Showcase Sunday #63

It's Sunday again so we all know that it's time for Showcase Sunday. It's a lovely weekly meme hosted by Vicky over at Books, Biscuits and Tea, and it allows us to show off all the lovely buys this week. I love this meme as it gives a chance for us to show and browse so many books!

 It's been another busy couple of weeks here - something I'm really not used to. I'm now in full swing of this job, applying for jobs in publishing and attended Random House Kids Blogger Brunch. It was amazing! See my January Blog Recap for more on this :). With it being a week or two since my last post and the trip to London/ Blogger Brunch I've got quite a big hall to show you!

Bought
I finally got more Levithan books, a stunning copy of Sense and Sensibility and a copy of Fangirl! So happy and can't wait to sink my teeth into these lovely books.

Random House Blogger Brunch
 
The people at Random House really spoilt us with copies of Echo Boy, Running Girl, Bird and The Name on Your Wrist. Matt Haig was also there to talk with us and sign books! 

ARCs
Two lovely surprises! Big thank you to Indigo Press and Orion Books!

NetGalley
So I failed massively on the NetGalley front this month. A lot of my weaknesses appeared. Following the RH Blogger Brunch I couldn't resist but request the titles that were up on NetGalley. They sound absolutely fantastic and I cannot wait to read them. I adored Helen Douglas' After Eden so was over the moon to see Chasing Stars up! I have no excuse for the others... lol! 

What did you guys get this week? :) 



22 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, one of the few times I experience blogger envy. I wish we'd have that 'blogger brunch' here too. Le sigh. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have loads of the same books, I was at the Random House blogger brunch also :D

    Go and read The Wicked We Have Done asap! It is so incredible :D

    My Showcase Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that's a lot of books, they look really good, I hope you'll like them all. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOoh nice haul! These are pretty much all new to me! But I hope you enjoy them all! And YAY for signed copies! Enjoy!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Netgalley is far too tempting! And yay for David Levithan, and Fangirl <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul! and yay for a signed copy of The Humans! Have a great reading week.

    Judie
    http://becomingjudie.wordpress.com/2014/02/02/showcase-sunday-4/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, fantastic haul! I've got The Demonologist and Fangirl on my to-read list too. Just have to get to them at some point... :) Enjoy all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woooow amazing haul sweetie! So many good looking books.
    I didn't get any on NG out of those I requested. :(
    I hope you enjoy all of these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've done so well this week! Fangirl is on my wishlist...definitely picking it up come payday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great haul! I've been seeing The Fever around a lot lately! Can't wait to see what you think!

    Here's my Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woah, you've got an amazing haul here!! Arclight and that Fire & Thorn series are on my wishlist/TBR shelf! seeing Fangirl here reminded me that I still haven't read my copy *sigh* And after chatting with you about how I felt my Netgalley requesting was more or less under control, I also went on a requesting-bender LOL Enjoy ALL of these Leah ^^

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's awesome! So jealous of your haul :) I really want to read David Levithan's books and Fangirl! You got a crazy amount of goodies, enjoy them!! Also signed copies are always fab!

    Happy reading!

    My book haul!
    -Seirra @ Dear, Restless Reader

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woah, what a great haul! I absolutely loved Fangirl and The Bitter Kingdom so I hope you enjoy those. Happy Reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really, really want Fangirl and The Fearless. Debating whether or not I want to read Divergent Thinking. Hope you enjoy all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!! lots of lovely books this week. i really want to read fangirl myself. heard amazing things about rainbow rowell's novels. happy reading :)

    hope you can stop by my StS Post.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome books this week! And I just love signed copies =D I have been wanting to read both Twinmaker and Fangirl for a while now. Can't wait ot get my hands on copies. I hope you enjoy them =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. FANGIRL <3 Yay! I'm so glad you've got that one. It's so amazing, and so relatable!
    The penguin classics are beautiful, aren't they? I think I'm going to have to start collecting them. Yay for signed books! Signed books are always awesome. I'm super excited to see what you think of Far From You! It's one of my most anticipated releases this year, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you think of it :)
    Hahaha! I have no excuse for any of the Negalley books I got this week.
    Great haul, Leah! Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Reboot is great! It's such a unique idea and Callum's amazing <3 I've heard amazing things about The Bitter Kingdom, too. So many people love that trilogy. I hope you enjoy all of your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha, I don't even dare log into my NetGalley account or check out e-ARCs anymore... :D I really need to catch up on my NG books.

    So glad to hear that you had such an amazing time at the RHCP blogger event! I've been meaning to read Wonder for ages so let me know if it's any good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's a big stack of books - nice haul!

    Thanks for stopping by my page

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really want to read Every Day. Looking forward to Echo Boy too and I just bought Fangirl. Wish I got invited to more blogger things, would be nice to meet people!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Adorable..!!!
    Fascinating color scheme of the posting..!!Princess Carriage Beds

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).