'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 27 February 2014

Harry Potter #53

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come in the Harry Potter section of my blog here.  

Favourite Marauder
Erm, so why did I chose this topic? How on earth am I meant to pick between Sirius Black and Remus Lupin? I honestly cannot pick between them, so I'm going to cheat and pick both. Remus is an antidote to Sirius's behaviour anyway! Two halves of the same coin and all that ;)
We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
Ahhh I love the bromance between this pair! In fact, I loved the Marauders bromance in general (although I'm just going to ignore Wormtail - traitor!) Both of these characters are loyal beyond belief. They are courageous and Lupin provides the voice of reason to Black's impulses. There is no way I could have chosen between this pair. I adore them both so much and I still cannot forgive Rowling for taking them away from me. She erased all four of the Marauders :( *cries*. I will always enjoy reading their dialogue and narrative in the books though, and the actors are absolutely flawless in their portrayal. I can't get enough of them!

7 comments:

  1. I had a bit of a heard time picking between these two as well, and I love how you chose both like they form a whole! :D
    I really liked Lupin as well, being a great teacher and a man. I wished he had more time, like Sirius...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is probably the hardest HP question ever, I mean, HOW are you supposed to pick? I went for Lupin in the end because I have a terrible soft spot for the man and because he is such a crucial member of the Marauders! Thanks for hosting :)
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of these characters so much, too, and I love that they're practically brothers in everything but name. Their reunion in Prisoner of Azkaban is one of my favorite moments in the series; if only it hadn't been so short-lived!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woooww I love Marauders!*.* Why J.K., why you don't write a book about them??? *end of hysterical moment*

    I have a favorite one, I admit it, but I always love Remus and Sirius relationship because is so... so... I don't have words... You made me cry with this one Leah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I also chose to ignore Wormtail. Ugh! ...moving on, I adore your idea of featuring both Sirius and Lupin!! I pretty much tore myself up choosing between the two haha. You're right too: the two of them together had a perfect sort of balance to it! The actors who portrayed them were spot on too...gah! the feels!! Awesome, awesome picks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sirius & Lupin are my favorites! I don't like James, to be honest, and Pettigrew for obvious reasons. They are both important for Harry, especially Sirius with his new-father-role.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I'm the same on James! Funnily enough next week's topic is a choice between Snape and James - should be interesting :) x

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).