'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 13 February 2014

Harry Potter #51

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come in the Harry Potter section of my blog here



Favourite moment in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince


“It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more.”

This weeks is kind of a bitter sweet moment. I don't really have a favourite part of this book. It's just heart breaking and makes for such a tough read. I think the best bits for me though was when Dumbledore was telling Harry all about the Horcruxes and the perilous path he has ahead. As well as this, the moment that they go into the cave and battle the Inferi really sticks in my mind. It encapsulates their relationship perfectly. Looking out for each other, mutual respect and tragedy.

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you on HBP being such a heartbreaking book; the last few chapters are absolutely gut-wrenching! That moment where Dumbledore drives off the Inferi with the fire is one of my favorite scenes from all of the movie adaptations; it just looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES ^^ my favorite moment was also all the times Dumbledore was teaching Harry all about Voldy and the Horcruxes! I'd be waiting/hoping that Dumbledore would personally get involved in Harry's magical education since book 1 so this was a treat!! It's most certainly bitter-sweet as you say, since we all know where it leads to :*( but at least both Harry and the readers got to explore Dumbledore's character and brilliance closer ♥

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).