'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Friday, 14 February 2014

Happy Valentines Day: My Favourite Couples

Hello you beautiful people! Hope you're all spoiling yourselves and having a lovely day. I thought I'd do a little something to celebrate Valentines Day in a bookish way. I was thinking it's the perfect opportunity to share our favourite bookish couples and all of the reasons why we love them. These are a few of my absolute favourite couples to exist, ever! Don't ask me to pick a favourite, because that would be absolutely impossible! Feel free to share yours in the comments :) I look forward to seeing whether we share any.



Molly and Arthur Weasley
A couple that it is beyond impossible to hate. They solidified to me what it was to be a close and loving family. I found they're relationship so strong and pure and I love the contrasts in their personality. It is so true that opposites attract in the case of this pair! I adored Molly's telling off of Arthur over his Muggle obsession and Arthur is able to reassure and calm Molly at even the most difficult of times.

Tohrment and Wellsie 
Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #10)
"Leelan ? "
"What?" There were low words spoken in their beautiful language.
"Yes, Tohr," Wellsie whispered. "And after two hundred years, I'd mate you again. In spite of the fact that you snore and you leave your weapons all over our bedroom.”
Oh my heart, my heart, my heart. Ward you can be one cruel lady! Wellsie being snatched away from Tohr was one of the most heartbreaking things I have ever read. They were my absolute favourite couple and no one will ever be able to match Tohr better. They were both so kind hearted, took in John Matthews when he had no one else and agh, dammit Ward I still haven't forgiven you!

Elena and Clay
Kelley Armstrong is one of my favourite writers, hands down. It's only natural that the very first couple I read gets a place on this list. It's hard to come by a couple that I love more than Elena and Clay. They've been through so much but are still so strong. They have such a deep connection but they still have the most hysterical arguments. They're both so strong and independent - it's brilliant seeing them lock horns!

Daenerys and Khal Drogo
A couple I didn't expect to love as much as I did. I mean, the way they got together absolutely sickens me. Selling Deanerys when she was just 13? If I manage to just push all that aside, they come to love and trust each other. I hated Martin for breaking this for me. I felt something very pure develop following the forceful marriage. This feels like a couple that I shouldn't like, but I loved their loyalty to each other and their passion. 

Katniss and Peeta
I am forever Team Peeta in The Hunger Games trilogy. Nothing anyone can say will every sway me towards Gale. He is so frustrating! Peeta is so supportive, loving and truly cares for Katniss. Their relationship is absolutely beautiful and Mockingjay very nearly destroyed me with Collins' use of this couple!

Who are your favourite bookish couples?

4 comments:

  1. Great picks! Arthur and Molly are amazing, and so close even after all those years and 7 kids, and being school sweethearts and all... Amazing.
    Tohr and Wellsie, what a shame. And then the resolution for Tohr later... I did not like it too much I must say...
    Dany and Drogo were, seeing how they were forced together, amazing towards the end. There seemed there was actual love there, and I loved that.
    Peeta is amazing as well and I cannot see how anyone would bother with the grump Gale is...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I don't agree with how Ward sorted that whole thing out at all. I mean it made for some beautiful and tragic reading but NONONONO.

      Delete
  2. YES. I love this, Leah. Even though I haven't read the books yet, I was still broken over Daenerys and Drogo. The grew to love and trust each other and I was so damn upset when that thing happened.
    I totally agree with Peeta and Katniss <3 Those two were just meant to be. Gale just got in the road and was always so pissy and annoying. I always wanted to punch him.
    Molly and Arthur are just such a perfect example of an amazing couple. They've been through so much together and they've always stayed so strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love that you mentioned Arthur and Molly. They never seem to get the praise that they deserve. I also agree with Katniss/Peeta (Gale annoyed me the entire series) and Tohrment/Wellsie (damn you JR Ward!). I just started watching the Bitten TV show and am already a fan of Elena/Clay. I got the book and am excited to see how they are depicted on the page.

    Awesome post and Happy Valentine's Day!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).