'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Tuesday, 28 January 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #43

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at the wonderful blog; Broke and Bookish. This weeks topic is:

Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want to Live in

Lauren Oliver's Delirium World


Aimee Carter's Pawn World


Lindsay Cummings' The Murder Complex World


Emma Pass' Acid World


Dan Wells' Partials World


Gemma Malley's Declaration World


Sarah J Maas' Throne of Glass World
Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)

Marissa Meyer's Cinder World
Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1)Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles, #2)Cress (Lunar Chronicles, #3)

George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire World


George Orwell's Ninteen Eighty-Four... oh wait :P haha



8 comments:

  1. ToG and Lunars? There are worse fates than that ^^ I would not mind either of these two, even though they both had bad sides. As well as ASoIaF! I'd totally go to Westeros. :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never want to live in Pawn! But I can't freakin wait for the sequel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I completely agree with Delirium, Partials and A Game of Thrones!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geeezzz! Love this! Thanks for sharing!!! I need to read the Throne of Glass and Cinder series ASAP!!!!
    check mine out :)
    http://bookhangoversbb.blogspot.com/ THANKS ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Throne of Glass, The Lunar Chronicles and A Song of Ice and Fire are great picks. I also love your choice of 1984 - it does sometimes seems we're edging scarily close to living in a place like that.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree with you about Pawn! I didn't even think about A Song of Fire and Ice. Given the crazy cold temperatures were experiencing i would not want to live in a never ending winter.

    My TTT...http://thepolishedpageturner.wordpress.com/2014/01/28/top-ten-tuesday-january-28-2014/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would say great picks but I can't because I wouldn't want to live in those worlds either.
    Here's our TTT
    Doris @ OABR

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful picks! I lot of your choices are on my TBR list but yeah, I agree with you on the Throne of Glass world and the Lunar Chronicles world - as much as I ADORED both those series, I would NOT want to live in either of those worlds! Good call ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).