'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Sunday, 12 January 2014

Showcase Sunday #61

It's Sunday again so we all know that it's time for Showcase Sunday. It's a lovely weekly meme hosted by Vicky over at Books, Biscuits and Tea, and it allows us to show off all the lovely buys this week. I love this meme as it gives a chance for us to show and browse so many books!

How are you all? Have you had a good week? :) I've had another busy week this week and picked up quite a few books on the way! I popped into a charity shop and snapped up four books for £2 each, grabbed a bargain with the first two Vampire Academy books and the rest are just because :).

Bought
Pawn - Aimee Carter (Got this for an ARC and had to buy a proper copy - soooo good!)

NetGalley
These are the past few weeks NG haul. I forgot to put them up last week, but I'm really looking forward to reading these!

Edelweiss
Elusion
Ditto on these - these are books from a couple of weeks!

10 comments:

  1. What a haul! VA and Defy!!! Yaaaaaay I hope you love them as I did. :D And same for Phoenix Island, it's really picking up and should be great. Fan Art and Three both look really good!
    Happy reading!

    MY haul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a haul.

    I've got "The Hundred Year-Old Man" to read, whilst "Tape", "Molly Pierce", "Lily Graves" and "Side Effects" are all on my Wish List, plus I've added "Fan Art" after seeing this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! That's a LOT of Edelweiss books! I cannot figure out what I need to do to get more of my requests approved! It's insane! I've requested sooo many books since I first started the program and have only gotten a few approved.

    Hope you enjoy them all!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a fantastic haul there! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A hah so Hodder are alive on NetGalley, hoping someone will log in and approve my request for The Three, it's one of the 2014 releases I've got my eye on. I need to hurry up and read Pawn too, I've had that for months.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoop, what an awesome haul. Im pre approved on Edelweiss for Harper so I have most of those! The Netgalley books look awesome, especially Three! Defy is very good and I love the covers of those VA books :) Enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Haul! :D I really liked Defy, Room and VA of course :) I'll probably request The 57 Lives of Alex Wayfare, too. I still haven't decided if I want to register on Edelweiss, but I see it has some really good books. Can't wait to hear your opinion on these upcoming releases! Enjoy your new books :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, you bought a lot of great books this week! I need to get myself a finished copy of Defy! It looks so pretty! YAY for VA! :D
    The 57 Lives of Alex Wayfare sounds amazing! I'm super excited for that one being released.
    Great haul, Leah! Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you have a lot of ARCs to read. I can't imagine reading all those books in one month!! I must be the slowest reader!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woah, what an amazing haul! Congrats girl, I definitely want to get my hands on Defy & Pawn! I have a copy of the first VA book (but have yet to read it) which I'd gotten at a bargain price too - along with book 5 haha random right?! AnywaysI need to get my hands on #2-4 now lol Oh and I've heard wonderful things about Room. I hope you enjoy all of these Leah xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).