'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 16 January 2014

Harry Potter #48

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come in the Harry Potter section of my blog here


Favourite sweet treat in the books

Ahhhh this is a tough one! I don't have a very sweet tooth at all so my instinct was to go for the chocolate frogs. I've decided though, to pick a different treat, one that makes me laugh out loud in the film and incredibly envious of those that can eat them! I'm a bad Potterhead in this one because I just can't remember what they're called! Any help would be awesome here guys :D

8 comments:

  1. That moment was hilarious!=D

    I choosed the chocolate frogs because it was the first sweet in this world I had contact *.*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't think less of me but I'm not a big fan of the movies. I enjoyed the first one but after that one I just couldn't get into the others. But to be fair I usually don't like movies based on books. There is sooo much good stuff that is left out and I prefer what I see in my own imagination versus what you see on screen. Anyway, reason I was saying that is cause I'm of no help on telling you what the treat was though I do recall seeing that scene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww I wouldn't think less of you :)

      There were a few of the films that I wasn't happy with, but after going to the studio tour in London it completely changed my perspective as well. So much effort went in to it :).

      It seems they weren't in the books! Oops. Either way. Amazing sweets :)

      Delete
  3. I think these were made up for the movie! I used them in one of the previous HPMOTW posts... I think they're not from the books. But I love them and would eat a whole bunch! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved that scene in the movie! And I would totally eat those sweets, too, whatever they are! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was one of those odd things!! Canary Creams turned the person into a canary and Skiving Snackboxes were in the books that made the eater ill with Fever Fudges, Nosebleed Nougat, Puking Pastilles, and Fainting Fancies, but the movies had a lot of fun with these that did the lion roar and steam out of the ears. I don't know that they ever named them, but I do believe the Skiving Snackboxes were lying around in the movie as if they were from them. I loved all the products the Weasleys made though! They are so much fun :D Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I went to the exhibit in SG, I was able to buy a Harry Potter Chocolate Frog. I only bought one because it was expensive...then I promptly forgot it in the ref of my hotel -_-

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not too huge on sweets myself...and I have a feeling the real-life version of a lot of these would be nasty but in the books, I'd want to try ALL of them!! I'm sure magical sweets taste better since they're not full of artificial ingredients and such >.< Anyways I love the one you picked, those seemed like such a laugh to try out in PoA, couldn't you just picture giggling all night long with a box of them :D

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).