'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 9 January 2014

Harry Potter #47

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come in the Harry Potter section of my blog here


Favourite moment in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

This one took a lot of thinking. The book is filled with so many amazing moments, but also one of the most heartbreaking. This book is so action packed and I love it so much. It's a shame the film didn't live up to the book as much - but I still enjoy watching it all the same :). My favourite moment though, without a doubt, is when Fred and George Weasley trump Umbridge. The scene still makes me laugh out loud even after reading it so many times!

“We won't be seeing you," Fred told Professor Umbridge, swinging his leg over his broomstick.
"Yeah, don't bother to keep in touch," said George, mounting his own. 
Fred looked around at the assembled students, and at the silent, watchful crowd. "If anyone fancies buying a Portable Swamp, as demonstrated upstairs, come to number ninety-three, Diagon Alley — Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes," he said in a loud voice, "Our new premises!"
"Special discounts to Hogwarts students who swear they're going to use our products to get rid of this old bat," added George, pointing at Professor Umbridge.
"STOP THEM!" shrieked Umbridge, but it was too late. As the Inquisitorial Squad closed in, Fred and George kicked off from the floor, shooting fifteen feet into the air, the iron peg swinging dangerously below. Fred looked across the hall at the poltergeist bobbing on his level above the crowd.

"Give her hell from us, Peeves."
And Peeves, who Harry had never seen take an order from a student before, swept his belled hat from his head and sprang to a salute as Fred and George wheeled about to tumultuous applause from the students below and sped out of the open front doors into the glorious sunset.”
- J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Ahhhh, take that you old hag :D. What's your favourite moment in book five?

5 comments:

  1. Fred and George's departure from Hogwarts is definitely one of my favorite scenes in OotP, and in all of the series, really. I reread that part over and over again, too; it's just so brilliantly written! Great pick! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is also my favorite scene! It had me laughing and pumping my fist (not literally but in my head I was). Such a great moment

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED this part, so fun and I loved how Peeves was totally up to it, too! For a change, he listened :D And how other professors faked incompetence later, hahahaha :D Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh what a FUN moment ^^ Fantastic pick Leah ♥ I loved how they made a fool of Umbridge before their grand finale and to be honest they were better off being free of Hogwarts as it was when they left!! Stupid Umbridge >.< ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love :) That might just be my favorite scene too

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).