'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Wednesday, 4 December 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #47


"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine , which allows us to show off the books we cannot wait to get our hands on.





Control by Lydia Kang
Set in 2150 -- in a world of automatic cars, nightclubs with auditory ecstasy drugs, and guys with four arms -- this is about the human genetic "mistakes" that society wants to forget, and the way that outcasts can turn out to be heroes.

When their overprotective father is killed in a terrible accident, Zel and her younger sister, Dylia, are lost in grief. But it's not until strangers appear, using bizarre sensory weapons, that the life they had is truly eviscerated. Zel ends up in a safe house for teens that aren't like any she's ever seen -- teens who, by law, shouldn't even exist. One of them -- an angry tattooed boy haunted by tragedy -- can help Zel reunite with her sister.

But only if she is willing to lose him.

6 comments:

  1. Great pick! This one looks and sounds really good. I think it's on NG atm, so I might go get it.
    I hope you get it soon :)

    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha we have the same book this week! Great pick :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh nice! This has a cool cover!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I requested this book on NetGalley, hopefully I get it, I am really excited about it.
    My WoW

    Daisel @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got the earc of this and can't wait to start it; looks like a really great read! My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the first time I've ever heard of this one but I can totally see why you picked it! It's sounds really intense & I'm always up for a futuristic story :D Thanks for bringing this one to my attention Leah!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).