'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Tuesday, 17 December 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #39

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at the wonderful blog; Broke and Bookish. This weeks is:


Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I read in 2013 



Lauren Oliver
Lauren Oliver
I started reading her Delirium series this year and have no idea why I waited so long! She is now one of my favourite authors and I can't wait for Panic to come out to read all of your reactions!

My Reviews

Books
Before I FallDelirium (Delirium, #1)Pandemonium (Delirium, #2)Requiem (Delirium, #3)Delirium Stories: Hana, Annabel, and Raven (Delirium, #0.5, #1.5, #2.5)Alex (Delirium, #3.5)Liesl & PoThe SpindlersPanic

Aimee Carter
Aimee Carter
I've always wanted to read Aimee's Goddess Test series, and now that I've read Pawn I will definitely be picking them up as soon as possible!

My Review
Pawn

Books
The Goddess Test (Goddess Test, #1)Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test, #2)The Goddess Inheritance (Goddess Test, #3)The Goddess Hunt (Goddess Test, #1.5)The Goddess Legacy (Goddess Test, #2.5)Pawn (The Blackcoat Rebellion, #1)

Laura Lam
Laura Lam
Laura Lam's work is so original. I came across her books through Strange Chemistry - her publishers. It's a fairly new imprint but the books that they've published so far have blown me away, with Laura's works being some of my favourites!

My Reviews
Pantomime
Shadowplay

Books
Pantomime (Pantomime, #1)Shadowplay (Pantomime, #2)

Cristin Terrill
Cristin Terrill
One of my favourite debut authors of the year, All Our Yesterdays blew me away and I am so excited to read more of this talented lady's work!

My Review
All Our Yesterdays

Books
All Our Yesterdays

F. Scott Fitzgerald
F. Scott Fitzgerald
I would just like to take this moment to thank the director of The Great Gatsby for remaking the film. If that hadn't happened I would never have picked up the book before hand. It was incredible and I cannot wait to read more of Fitzgerald's works.

My Review
The Great Gatsby

Books
The Great GatsbyTender Is the NightThis Side of ParadiseThe Curious Case of Benjamin ButtonThe Short StoriesThe Love of the Last TycoonThe Beautiful and Damned

Cassandra Rose Clarke
Cassandra Rose Clarke
This woman absolutely blew me away! The Mad Scientist's Daughter is one of the first science fiction books that I've read and I am now addicted. It's a book I recommend to everyone.

My Review
The Mad Scientist's Daughter

Books
The Assassin's Curse (The Assassin's Curse, #1)The Pirate's Wish (The Assassin's Curse, #2)The Witch's Betrayal (The Assassin's Curse, 0.5)The Automaton's Treasure (The Assassin's Curse #0.6)The Mad Scientist's Daughter

Marissa Meyer
Marissa Meyer
Another debut author which blew my mind! I adored Cinder and Scarlet and am anticipating Cress so, so much for next year. I'm so jealous of everyone that got an ARC of it! :)

My Reviews
Cinder
Scarlet

Books
Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1)Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles, #2)Cress (Lunar Chronicles, #3)The Queen's Army (Lunar Chronicles, #1.5)Glitches (Lunar Chronicles, #0.5)

Rosamund Hodge
Rosamund Hodge
Her debut, Cruel Beauty, was such a beautiful and mesmerising read. I don't think it'll be one I'll forget any time soon. I'm really looking forward to seeing what else is to come from Rosamund :).

My Review
Cruel Beauty

Books
Cruel BeautyGilded Ashes: A Cruel Beauty Novella

Helen Douglas
Helen  Douglas
After Eden is another book which was an unexpected and pleasant surprise for me. I didn't expect to love it as much as I did but it was such a lovely read. I'm really looking forward to the next book in the series!

My Review
After Eden

Books
After Eden (After Eden, #1)Chasing Stars (After Eden, #2)

Lindsey Kelk

Ahhhh this woman made me laugh so much! I Heart Christmas was the first one of Lindsey's books that I've read and I absolutely loved it. It was festive, hysterical and heart-warming. I can't wait to make my way through the rest of them.

My Review
I Heart Christmas

Books
I Heart New York (I Heart, #1)I Heart Hollywood (I Heart, #2)I Heart Paris (I Heart, #3)I Heart Vegas (I Heart, #4)I Heart London (I Heart, #5)I Heart Christmas (I Heart, #6)Single Girl's To Do ListAbout a Girl

Any of these take your fancy? Don't forget to enter my International Christmas Giveaway to win a book of your choice!

11 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! Haven't read these before myself! Except for Aimee Carter! Can't wait to read Rosamund Hodge!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing list! I love Aimee Carter's Goddess series. I read them all at once and couldn't stop! And I'm glad you have Cassandra Rose Clark on your list. I loved her two books. Pirates, Assassins and Curses. Amazing!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome list. 3 of them were going to be on mine: Lauren Oliver, F. Scott Fitzgerald and Aimee Carter. I still have to read books by most of the rest though!
    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a huge fan of Aimee Carter but I just loveee Marissa Meyer and Lauren Oliver. Great list!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never heard of Lindsey Kelk or Rosamund Hodge, but I will look them up. Love Marissa Meyer!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! I see we share some :) I have yet to read half of these but look forward to them. I almost put Terrill on my list, too, but then I ran out of places. She'd made top 12 I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agreed on Marissa Meyer, and I am really looking forward to Cruel Beauty. The more I hear about it the better it sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cristin Terrill is a great pick! I loved All Our Yesterday's. Immense love for Marissa Meyer too <3 Great list!

    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your list! I think it's really cool that F. Scott Fitzgerald made it. Marissa Meyer is on mine today too. :)

    Mary @ Mary Had a Little Book Blog
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes! Lauren Oliver & Marissa Meyer are two of my favourite discoveries this year too! I'm excited to get around to Cassandra Rose Clarke & Rosamund Hodge next year!
    I think I may have to check out Lindsay Kelk's books too!
    Great list, Leah! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I couldn't agree with you more on Marissa Meyer & Lauren Oliver though I've only read one of Oliver's AND it was in 2012: Liesl & Po (which I highly recommend!!) Rosamund Hodge, Aimee Carter Christin Terrill, Cassandra Rose Clark and Laura Lam are all on my TBR shelf! Awesome list ^^

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).