'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 26 December 2013

Harry Potter #45

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come in the Harry Potter section of my blog here


A very Merry Christmas to you all, my fellow Potterheads! I hope you got everything you wished for and more yesterday :). Today's Harry Potter Moment of the Week is a free week, so I decided to go with a theme appropriate topic!


A Very Potter Christmas
Haha no really. I loved reading about the Christmas events in the books. Everything from the little gifts that they bought each other, to the Weasley jumpers, to Harry experiencing his very first Christmas as a member of a family that truly cared about him. I always felt so warm and festive whenever I read these scenes. They seemed to be the only time that everyone felt slightly relaxed and happy. it also included some heartbreaking but also heart-warming scenes, such as Harry and Hermione's visit to James and Lily's graves. We'll just ignore Nagini for that bit....
Merry Christmas everyone!

3 comments:

  1. WEASLEY JUMPERS!!! I wanted one! :( The one with the dragon would be totally kickass :D I loved how Harry finally belonged to some as Molly took him under her wing. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Brilliant pick Leah ♥ The Potter Christmases were absolute highlights throughout the series, you're right! I loved that Harry got to stay at Hogwarts for starters - and away from the Dursleys but I was over the moon when Ron stayed with Harry that first year! I absolutely adored how The Weasleys took Harry in and gave him a proper family :D Oh and while that trip Hermione and Harry took was bittersweet, it was a wonderful moment to read!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still love Fred and George joking over the initials Mrs Weasley has embroidered on their jumpers, and how they know their names are "Gred and Forge".

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).