'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Monday, 18 November 2013

OCTOBER Author of the Month

I'm just a little bit lotta bit late with this post this month. I've been so busy with different things going on that I'm finding it difficult to fit in my blogging time! Anyway, on to the important bit of this post. Author of the Month is a feature that I've been doing to showcase my favourite author and book that I read in each month. Octobers author of the month is:

Kelley Armstrong
She is one of my ultimate authors and is the woman that was responsible for my introduction into paranormal literature. I adored her Women of the Otherworld series, her Nadia Stafford series (eeek no.3 is out soon!) and her YA series. This month I was overwhelmed by her latest series, Cainsville. Omens absolutely blew me away. It's a contender for my book of the year never mind just giving the book and Kelley a celebratory month! Kelley is a master of words: I love everything about her books. There aren't many authors that warrant my fangirl moments but she is definitely one of them. If you haven't read any of Kelley's work yet, I'm so disappointed in you! Hahaha, please go read :).
I was approved for Sea of Shadows on Edelweiss as well so I'm definitely not done with this ladies work this year!

2 comments:

  1. I will start one of her books soon, I had so many for ages... :) I feel left out! ^^

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).